Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I always LOVED Atlanta Bread's tuna sandwich and ate there.  A friend and I met at Panera.  We do order and sit to be served.  They didn't have just tuna so I wint with the tuna salad.  Big mistake!  Not my fav!  I will add that their parking lot is packed!

I think the key to this type of resturant is there's very little variety from a meat and lettuce /tomato subs or regular types of salads. The differences everywhere are in the "signature" sandwiches and salads.  I will go back. Tuna salad can be an "iffy" item!

Although, I would love to have cookies, muffins and other items, I won't do that to myself!Smiley Happy  White pants are coming-soon!!!

I love Atlanta Bread!  I think it's so much better than Panera.  Better food, more varied menu, good customer service, etc.

I do go to Panera fairly often, and what I've found is that locations differ.  A lot!  Some are great - courteous staff, attention to detail.  Others are disorganized, can't get orders right, apathetic staff.  I've learned by trial and error which ones are good and which ones to avoid.  I prefer chains that are more consistent from location to location, so there are no unhappy surprises.  

Respected Contributor

KathyM23, Ours  gives a pager. But Most time I never get to sit it goes off. Fast, Fast, Service. They will ask if you want help !Haven't been in so long. I think it's calling my name. 

Honored Contributor

I have never been impressed with Panera, they have great pastries and generally their food is ok, the salads in our local one are not that great, in all honesty I like the salads at Smashburger much better

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I don't go to any franchise restaurants so I couldn't tell you.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Paneras is my favorite lunch restaurant.  They have the best soups - tomato my favorite. Their salads and sandwiches are wonderful!  They have many booth and tables to sit.  You order at the counter when you enter.  Take your time and look at the menu posted carefully.  It is unique.  You pay for your food and move to the serving area where you  food is given to you and you take it to your table.  

The only thing I recommend is take your time and look at the menu carefully.

Honored Contributor

Another Panera Bread lover here!  I have tried sandwiches, soups, salads, pasta, haven't found anything that was not delicious!  They have the best French Onion soup I have ever had!Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: Panera Bread Restaurant

[ Edited ]

I think I'm the only person I know who doesn't love Panera.  Nothing special IMO.  The bagels aren't real bagels.  I've heard their soups are good, but haven't been back.

Someone mentioned Jason's Deli - they are really good! 

Contributor

I always loved going to Panera for lunch back in my working days.  I still enjoy their soups, and chicken salad croissant ... 

My hubs is not a fan, thinks it's overpriced, overrated, and too crowded ... and yes, it is usually packed all day long, and into the evening ... 

Now I'm hungry for their soup, and chicken salad!!!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I think I'm the only person I know who doesn't love Panera.  Nothing special IMO.  The bagels aren't real bagels.  I've heard their soups are good, but haven't been back.

No, you are not the only one @Mj12. Over salted, standard soups with tons of butter, cream and sodium. The chicken noodle soup tastes like Progresso with extra salt. The calorie counts are off the charts for most of their food. I used to get their Vegetarian Sandwich with cheese until I read the laundry list of ingredients....most of which were unhealthy. They claim to have cleaned up their menu but there are still plenty of unhealthy choices.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12

I said some where earlier in the thread I am not a fan, I much prefer the salads at Smashburger

wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.