Respected Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@Pandalady wrote:

@Suziepeach  I'm watching Chris H. on 11 Alive news/weather keeping up with it.  An aunt and uncle live in Merriwether County and things are firing up for them now.  I agree, don't like the unsettled weather.

LOL @Pandalady, Chris H. gets soooooooooooo carried away when he talks with his hands.... So does Melissa L. at night.

Praying your Aung and Uncle stay safe and the weather passes over them quickly. 

@Suziepeach  Thank you.  This aunt and uncle live in a double wide down there.  They had a fire that destroyed their former mobile home in November and just bought this one in March.  Hopefully, they have gone to their daughter's house for safety.

I like the morning crew on 11 Alive, too.Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

Re: Paging Smoky

[ Edited ]

I never open posts that are addressed to someone else, but I'm glad I opened this one.  I love the panda GIF @Suziepeach!  So cute.  I go to Zoo Atlanta every day and watch the Panda Cam.  I assume you are in Tennessee maybe in the Smoky Mountains?  I didn't realize there were tornado warnings, but I hope all is well.

Edited to say:  Maybe you aren't in the Smoky Mountains.  I see your Avatar is Smoky the UT mascot.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Pandalady wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

@Pandalady wrote:

@Suziepeach  I'm watching Chris H. on 11 Alive news/weather keeping up with it.  An aunt and uncle live in Merriwether County and things are firing up for them now.  I agree, don't like the unsettled weather.

LOL @Pandalady, Chris H. gets soooooooooooo carried away when he talks with his hands.... So does Melissa L. at night.

@Suziepeach  Thank you.  This aunt and uncle live in a double wide down there.  They had a fire that destroyed their former mobile home in November and just bought this one in March.  Hopefully, they have gone to their daughter's house for safety.

@Pandalady, how awful their former mobile home was destroyed.  Hopefully they have gone to their daughter's house and have the new one to go back home too.  Let me know when you find out about them.  Brad N on WSB says it's looking better for later and no damage reported in our county.

Not a fan of 11alive, hubby watches it for the weather, we mostly watch MyFox Atlanta and WSB.  It's still raining.. more storms for tomorrow, ☔.  Glad we don't have to get out..

Im

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

I never open posts that are addressed to someone else, but I'm glad I opened this one.  I love the panda GIF @Suziepeach!  So cute.  I go to Zoo Atlanta every day and watch the Panda Cam.  I assume you are in Tennessee maybe in the Smoky Mountains?  I didn't realize there were tornado warnings, but I hope all is well.

Edited to say:  Maybe you aren't in the Smoky Mountains.  I see your Avatar is Smoky the UT mascot.

@NickNack,  I am from East Tennessee but live in N. Georgia.  We are huge Tennessee football fans and don't miss a weekend in Knoxville when it's a home game.  We do, on occasion, travel to away games with our friends of the Pride.  

Love the panda cam, they are such sweet clumsy babies.  Never visited zoo Atlanta before, we've talked about it.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach  I may go to Zoo Atlanta this summer to see the pandas.  I e-mailed the Zoo information about when is the best time to come see them when they aren't sleeping.  I was told to come in the morning.  I'd really love to go.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nicknack wrote:

@Suziepeach  I may go to Zoo Atlanta this summer to see the pandas.  I e-mailed the Zoo information about when is the best time to come see them when they aren't sleeping.  I was told to come in the morning.  I'd really love to go.

@NickNack, that's some good information, thanks for sharing!!  I'd love to go too, it's just a matter of finding the time and with schools out for summer, it will be packed.  From what I understand the panda exhibit is very popular.  

Go VOLS
Respected Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@Pandalady wrote:

@Smoky wrote:

@Pandalady wrote:

@Pandalady, how awful their former mobile home was destroyed.  Hopefully they have gone to their daughter's house and have the new one to go back home too.  Let me know when you find out about them.  Brad N on WSB says it's looking better for later and no damage reported in our county.

Not a fan of 11alive, hubby watches it for the weather, we mostly watch MyFox Atlanta and WSB.  It's still raining.. more storms for tomorrow, ☔.  Glad we don't have to get out..

Im

@Suziepeach  We're under a thunderstorm warning right now.  Glad hubby is home from work.

@Suziepeach and @NickNack  DH and I are members of the Zoo and go frequently.  The morning is definitely the best time to go and see the little rascals up and at 'em!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pandalady, you stay safe and secure too, friend!!  Supposedly more will be headed our way tomorrow...  I hope everyone was safe today and there wasn't damage, if so, not much damage.

How nice you are members of the zoo, that's just too cool.  I can see how you'd go so often then and can sure tell how very much you enjoy it, especially those pandas'!!!

Image result for atlanta pandas gif
Go VOLS
Respected Contributor

@Suziepeach...stay safe!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Suziepeach...stay safe!

@catwhisperer, thank you!  When the weather gets like this, my husband turns into a part-time meteorologist, and I am so glad.

He gives me fair warning that the door to the safe room is open.

Go VOLS