Honored Contributor

@On It    Yes, there's no wind at all this morning, although it blew most of the night.  Also got quite chilly as it was 37° this morning. Wind is supposed to come up this afternoon.  Smoke is blowing away from us toward Texas; are you getting any of it?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

A sister is not doing well and is in a locked memory care unit in Santa Fe and knowing that she may be disturbed by smoke is unsettling.

Blow some fresh air her way please.

@Still Raining    I don't think they're having smoke in Santa Fe.  The largest fire is East of the city but the West winds are blowing the smoke away from Santa Fe toward Texas.

Respected Contributor

Not getting smoke. It must be going north of us. We have fire danger today as we did yesterday. Red Flag warnings. Maybe things will improve. That one fire is so large I am very concerned about the length of time needed to get it contained.

Honored Contributor

The wind here is relentless. It howled all night long and when I got up this morning it was already gusting to 50mph. I'm almost certain there will be more new fires around here today, sad to say.

Super Contributor

@On It @Kachina624 , I've been keeping up with news on the wildfires in NM.  I just read that 1/2 of NM is now under threat of fire.  So sorry that you and others are going through this horrible time.  Thoughts are with you.

Respected Contributor

@Elodie2 Thank you for your concern. This twenty-year super drought is destroying the Southwest. It is gut wrenching to watch a place you have lived and loved your entire life wither, burn, and blow away.

Honored Contributor

@Elodie2    There are some 20 separate fires burning that have consumed thousands of acres of everything from forests to grasslands.  Hundreds of people have been evacuated from their homes and many structures destroyed.  Its very sad.