Honored Contributor

~ Paging NAES - Forum Tips & Suggestions ~

[ Edited ]

Hello, @NAES1!

I'm not sure where to find you, but I know you check the "Among Friends" forums now and then so I'll try here.

You were asking for tips to find "clues" to our recent posts and threads, and I'm hoping this will be helpful.

Here's one, and I'll add two more in responses.  I hope others will chime in, too, with ideas and suggestions.

(Remember, your customized settings only take effect when you’re logged in — if you’re just reading and haven’t signed in, you’ll only see the default system settings and displays.)

~~~~~~

Here’s a tip to keep your favorite threads “pinned” or “anchored” to the very top of the particular forum page. 

This feature allows you to be sure certain threads are always the first ones listed at the top of the chosen forum after you log in.

"Float a topic to the top"

After you open a thread, at the very top of the thread just above the original post you see REPLY in a red box. 

Look to the immediate right of it.

You'll see "Topic Options." 

There's a tiny down-arrow and if you click the arrow you'll see one of the choices is "Float this topic to the top."

Select that, and when you're signed in the thread will automagically be the first one listed in that forum (of course, if you're not signed in it can't take effect since it's a personal preference).

If you decide to remove the designation, the same drop-down menu has the choice "Un-float this topic."

You can toggle between the two and see how it works.

(Note:  Sometimes this will cause the thread to appear twice at the top of the forum.  I think this happens when there are recent posts on that thread…  appears to me it’s a technical bug.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Re: ~ Paging NAES - Forum Tips & Suggestions ~

[ Edited ]

In some cases, you can use “Hearts” and “Notifications” to help direct others to a thread or post and also to find your way back to some of the threads you’ve posted on.

We get a notification when someone clicks the heart at the bottom of our post.  (We're supposed to be notified when the "@" is used before our name, letting us know someone mentioned us, but that's not working yet.)

We usually see a pop-up on the screen when someone “hearts” our post, and also the number before the red "Notifications" will increment (upper right corner of screen, to the right of your username).

Click on the word "Notifications" and you'll see them listed. 

Each item listed has a “clickable” link to the post which was given a heart. 

You can click on each one and go directly to the thread/post that was “hearted.”  This allows us to read the subsequent posts on that thread and decide if we want to add more comments.

(link to "Help" text about Hearts:  http://community.qvc.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/kudos#kudos)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The "Tagging" feature is a little more complicated because it allows so many options and it's a free-text field.  

Think of it as a keyword, a topic or person of interest, etc., that you'd think of if you wanted to find certain types of posts/threads.

(These tags work very much like the hashtags - "#" - in Twitter.)

It allows creativity, so my suggestion is to try a few keyword "tags" and see how they work.

Here's the "Help" text about Tagging:

(link goes to:  http://community.qvc.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/tagging#tagging)

Play around with it -- you always can delete tags, and add new ones, so it doesn't hurt to try it out.Robot Happy

Honored Contributor

I hope our sweet @NAES1 sees this.  

I know the new platform can be complicated to navigate for all of us, and I have really appreciated all the tips received from other posters.

Have a lovely night, everyone!Heart

Esteemed Contributor

HeartHello dear Heart'dooBdoo,

I had been gone for several days. I do apologize for not getting back to you -sooner- 

I definitely will contact gloriaj very soon. 

How sweet of you to actually take the time in finding ME! 

On another funny note from me, are you not SURPRISED that I found 'YOU' so quickly? I am learning as f a s t  as I can..call it common sense or luck. I believe in haa, 

Self Taught, personally,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,with a little bit of help from my friends.

...*sounds like a good title for a song, don't 'U' think? 

NAES

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

NAES wrote:

HeartHello dear Heart'dooBdoo,

I had been gone for several days. I do apologize for not getting back to you -sooner- 

I definitely will contact gloriaj very soon. 

How sweet of you to actually take the time in finding ME! 

On another funny note from me, are you not SURPRISED that I found 'YOU' so quickly? I am learning as f a s t  as I can..call it common sense or luck. I believe in haa, 

Self Taught, personally,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,with a little bit of help from my friends.

...*sounds like a good title for a song, don't 'U' think? 

NAES

Hi, @NAES1!Heart  You did find me!  See, you're doing great!

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo,

Heartssssss~

Without going into a lot of excuse in not being here today, my husband did alert me very early of the on going community news, from The News.

I have just finished reading all of the comments from [each poster] what I have viewed ninety percent having some form of quality substance. I can surmise that you now know I was not here to hear every single word from the national news until two hours ago. 

You have been very decent and supportative for the most part.

You are beyond kind. I know that this has been a rough 12+ hours for yourself and others, where you are. 

Rest and I will be in touch with you later on.

PRAY. "Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the Lord of hosts."    -ZECHARIAH 4:6, NKJV

NAES

Honored Contributor

NAES wrote:

@dooBdoo,

Heartssssss~

Without going into a lot of excuse in not being here today, my husband did alert me very early of the on going community news, from The News.

I have just finished reading all of the comments from [each poster] what I have viewed ninety percent having some form of quality substance. I can surmise that you now know I was not here to hear every single word from the national news until two hours ago. 

You have been very decent and supportative for the most part.

You are beyond kind. I know that this has been a rough 12+ hours for yourself and others, where you are. 

Rest and I will be in touch with you later on.

PRAY. "Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the Lord of hosts."    -ZECHARIAH 4:6, NKJV

NAES

Hi, @NAES1.  Thanks for your loving words.Heart  

Don't worry about not being here daily, most of us only have time to pop in now and then.

Always wonderful to "see" you!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you.  Again, I was not here until my late evening, but did explain everything to my husband, that you were very knowledgeable about thursday's news. He listened very carefully.

Take very good care of dear dBd,knowing that there are many friends whom do care and understand.

Heart,

NAES