Honored Contributor

@7Yanga

yesterday

Hello, Kachina 624.....Need advice...

I keep getting those credit card offers in the mail.  They used to have an envelope inside that did not need a stamp.  Okay so I wrote DO NOT WANT on it and never saw it again.

Now, they don't put an envelope OR they put one but I have to use my own postage.  How do I handle this?

I'm sorry to ask you this way.  I don't know any other way to ask.  I did not mean to break up this thread but I'm desperate.  If you want to just ignore, I'll understand. 

If you can offer any help, I'll be very grateful.....thank you either way.  My apology to the person that began the thread.  Goggle was not very helpful.  To the beginning poster....your picture is beautiful...again.  I won't ask again, just need help.

I haven't gotten one of those credit card applications for years.  I seem to have nipped them in the bud.  If I got an envelope, I'd probably spring for a postage stamp once, write "remove from your mailing list" on it and send it back.  Beyond that, I'd just shred all offers.  I wonder if it would help to lock your accounts with the 3 credit bureaus?  You'd have to notify them by mail if you actually wanted to apply for credit, which is an inconvenience.

That's all the sage advice I have to offer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Years ago DH and I were getting them. I would cut them up in little pieces and put them back in the postage paid envelope and return it. After about a year of doing this, they stopped arriving.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids    Apparently they no longer send postage paid envelopes, which takes the fun out of it.  How did they know it was you if you cut them up?  I made sure they got my name and address.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paging 7Yanga

[ Edited ]

Just ignore them. I would say Cut them up. I haven't had one in years because I never sent them back, I just ignored them.  If you send back a reply, then they will know they have a "live one"

I didn't realize that those were still around.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I made sure that the name and address part was clear on one of the pieces. I do have that much sense! LOL

Haven't gotten one is more years than I can count.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/how-do-i-stop-receiving-credit-card-offers-in-the-mail/

I put a freeze on my credit and now I get junk emails from Experian for credit card offers about once a week and other junk emails from them about 3 or 4 times a week.