Honored Contributor

On the radio this morning, I heard of a very young woman in her early 20's went to a McDonalds, bought $35.00 of food and was only given two packets of sauce. 

WHAT she ordered wasn't shared. 

She said she was going to rob the store to get more sauce packets.  The police were called!!!!

If I go to McDonalds, It's rare, I need something quickly.  I don't care about a sauce!

Do you have a drawer with sauces you have collected?

We DO but only from the stir fry place we order from and we use them until we run out.

Respected Contributor

I would just ask them for more sauce.  

Contributor

This happened a year and a half ago. 

I didn't think sauce packet issues topped the list of world problems theses days.

Respected Contributor

I don't really get the story.

I thought maybe she ordered the BTS Meals that come with special Cajun & Sweet Chill sauce for the 10 piece McNuggets.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

On the radio this morning, I heard of a very young woman in her early 20's went to a McDonalds, bought $35.00 of food and was only given two packets of sauce. 

WHAT she ordered wasn't shared. 

She said she was going to rob the store to get more sauce packets.  The police were called!!!!

If I go to McDonalds, It's rare, I need something quickly.  I don't care about a sauce!

Do you have a drawer with sauces you have collected?

We DO but only from the stir fry place we order from and we use them until we run out.

Huh?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm kind of OCD when it comes to food waste or waste of any kind.  If I have restaurant leftovers in the fridge, I will eat them and will use up various packets if I happen to have some leftover.  Right now, I have two packets of a Buffalo Sauce that I got at Chick-Fil-A.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I ask for more sauce packets like ketchup for fries if not in my order. No biggie. I also keep the extra packets of soy or mustard that comes when I have a takeout order of Chinese food...there are times these packets are left out, so I'm sure to have backups. 

Respected Contributor

I am thinking that there was a supply problem with the small individual packets of sauces and ketchup because of the pandemic.  At least I think I remember reading about it somewhere.......

Some fast food restaurants were limiting the number of packets with each order.  Maybe that is why they gave her so few......???

People sure get testy when it comes to their food...........

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

No, we don't keep any sauces in a drawer. We don't save any leftover packets of anything. If I want ketchup or soy sauce for something else I get a bottle from my fridge.

Honored Contributor

One of the drawers in my fridge I keep odds and ends and all the sauce packs go there.  I do throw some away when they get old.  Living alone I would rather throw an old sauce pack away then a bottle of ketchup.  Which I have done many times for many full size products.  I always ask for extras!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."