Honored Contributor

PUTTING MONEY WHERE MOUTH IS?

[ Edited ]

Ok, here's my honest opinion on this debacle. Many are ********* about the shut down of the forums, BUT if we continue to fill their coffers, what's the point of going to a new site? 

If on the site there are mostly discussions about QVC and its products, prices, slow shipping,TSVs...I don't understand and may not stay. I thought we were regrouping to remain with our friends here, not to continue our shopping habits with this company who gave us the boot. As much as I love you guys and will miss the friends I've made over the years, I'm DONE w/ Q and would rather not continue discussing the high prices of SIDE STITCH just on another "forum". 

Yes, shipping may be slow from from other sites, too, but as I've stated before,  most stores offer 40% off or more to compete for customers. Q's "sale prices" on over priced goods and then adding back $5.50 to maybe receive the item in 3 weeks was never acceptable to me.

Over the last few months, I've received the same 3 pr. of Earth Origins shoes, all the wrong size...I've waited on the phone way too long for CS (sure we've all been there) to re-order a correct size and only get another pr. also the wrong size. The same thing happened with a robe. It was sent in a Missy when I ordered Petite. Then the Petite arrives, too meaning lost shipping dollars to me, sending it back (even w/ a free label) and trying to keep track on my VISA of all these returns, charges, refunds, etc. Obviously, the staff is not up to snuff and the company is being run by inept employees. I no longer wish to put my money here OR discuss it on another new forum. As soon as I'm sure all refunds are posted on my VISA, I'm canceling my account, definitely have stopped watching and I'll be OUT. 

Yes, when and if I figure out the new site and it's more about us, as people/friends, I'll be happy to stay and learn  to  navigate. I really am not willing to change "forums" to just discuss more complaints about Q.

RANT OVER.

Honored Contributor

Re: PUTTING MONEY WHERE MOUTH IS?

[ Edited ]

@Shanus   If I have to put my money where my mouth goes, then I need to admit I am not cancelling my future AD orders until I find an alternative elsewhere.  My next order isn't even on this year's calendar, so checking prices now wouldn't tell me anything and I refuse to  build a stash now -  my orders are all skincare -  last thing I need is old skincare to go with my old face!

ETA   I should have started with this -  I agree with your basic premise.  I have already begun finding ways to use the time I spent here elsewhere,  but not on another QVC site that is as negative as much of this one has become.  I have saved some of the suggestions about other kinds of sites, but I really would like to get my time here down to the time I spend watching shopping TV -  maybe 10 minuites most days!

Honored Contributor

Maybe just avoid the threads over there that are about QVC?

I see no harm in someone posting their experiences, good or bad about Q or anywhere else.

I'm having a heck of a time with Chewy right now!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus 

I think if you want to limit what people chat about, you should set up your own board with your own rules.

Not cool to direct other people to only post about what you are interested in.  That was not what it was set up for.  People didn't like the heavy handed moderation here, and now you want to tell people what they should do.

They should be able to decide what to post about.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Shanus   If I have to put my money where my mouth goes, then I need to admit I am not cancelling my future AD orders until I find an alternative elsewhere.  My next order isn't even on this year's calendar, so checking prices now wouldn't tell me anything and I refuse to  build a stash now -  my orders are all skincare -  last thing I need is old skincare to go with my old face!

@millieshops   I'm sure you've read here that many AD orders that are 6 mos. to a year out arrive already out of date or so close to being old, they've been returned. If you want to go to BEAUTY and discuss with me which skincare you need a substitute for, I'll try to help....but it IS your decision to stay here. 

Esteemed Contributor

So I see that the complaining and whining about the new site has commenced. 

I didn't realize that an Oath to not shop with Qurate was a requirement to sign up.

And with the new forum's layout,  it's very easy to avoid distasteful topics.

Posters have expressed delight at the "freedom" to discuss different things there, but now there is already a desire to suppress. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   TY for that offer

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe   Apologies if you missed my point. They can discuss what they wish on a new site, but it will be my decision not to stay if it's mostly still about Q. Like FB or other groups, each person decides if it's right for them. 

Honored Contributor

People are hurt, angry, and shocked.  Many are having difficulty even getting to the site.  This place has been ingrained in many of our lives for years.

So, of course people are going to be discussing QVC right now.  Probably will continue to do so for a while.  But I'm sure it will eventually fade and other topics and companies will be discussed.

And after all, part of the allure of the other site is the ability to talk about a wider variety of topics, including all shopping opportunities.  

Some people will choose to leave QVC in the dust.  Others will continue to shop here and would like to continue to have an avenue to discuss that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  The mellyg forum is only a couple of days old. QVC just gave us the boot.Emotions are high. I can't promise there will never be conversations about the Q, but they will probably lessen with time.

There are also enough categories set up where you can easily avoid the topics you don't like. You can certainly post in Beauty or Among Friends.

It's your choice but we would hate to lose you. Those of us who set up the site have worked very hard to make it a welcoming ,interesting & safe place for all.