Honored Contributor

PUMPKIN PATCH TO STOCKING STUFFERS?

I’ve heard several mentions of “stocking stuffers” and “buy several...perfect for gift giving at holidays”.

We’re more than a month from Halloween and what about Thanksgiving? Skipping that this year.

Hey QVC, life goes by fast enough. Don’t rush us.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: PUMPKIN PATCH TO STOCKING STUFFERS?

Around Thanksgiving, they'll suggest gifts for Easter baskets, Shanus! Smiley Embarassed

Honored Contributor

So true @wishmoon 😄

Honored Contributor

They are simply selling using any angle that pops into their heads.  Many people collect gift items all year long.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

You are correct.  I buy my daughter's December birthday gift usually around May thru July.  I buy many gifts and decorations during the Christmas in July.  That saves me money during the real holiday.  I do get tired of them always referring to Christmas but I have not been watching much lately as I am sooooo tired of some of the hosts.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I heard the old pumpkin patch thing this morning.....LOL   If QVC had their way, we'd be Christmas shopping 12 months a year...LOL

Respected Contributor

All I know is that stocking stuffers aren't nearly as inexpensive as they used to be. It seems now no matter the cost, if it fits in the stocking it's a stuffer. One of my favorites was the little life saver book. Showing my age, I guess.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus    Don’t forget it’s almost Valentine’s Day. Stock up now on chocolates.

Esteemed Contributor

When they start Christmas in July in June, we don’t have a chance.  I am totally fed up.

Respected Contributor

When I was a kid, our stockings were stuffed with a tangerine, a banana, and some peanuts in the shell.  We were thrilled.  The gifts were under the tree, never wrapped (once we were teenagers, gifts were wrapped because they were from Mom and Dad instead of Santa).

When my children were small, their stockings also were stuffed with a tangerine and banana....with some kind of small gift...a Matchbox car for my son, some jewelry or nail polish for my daughter.  Their “regular’ gifts from Santa were wrapped and under the tree.

Things have certainly evolved into more elaborate stocking gifts...at least in QVC Land!