Honored Contributor
I literally despise all insurance commercials, but the progressive ones have to be the worst of the worst...the recycled woodchuck ones are enough to make me keep the remote in my hand at all times.
Respected Contributor

@Kalli  I just made a comment to my husband today about how every time I see the commercial with the Woodchucks it makes me laugh. There’s a new commercial and the Woodchucks are in a lumber yard called Lonnie’s wood. At first I thought it was a real commercial for a lumber yard. Hilarious 😂 

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

What does everyone think about the progressive Motour commercials? I think they are rather weird  and something not quite right about them. I don't understand it's like a handicap person. Maybe someone could make me feel better about them.

@KACEE1115    I worry that a small child might think it's OK to drink gasoline.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

@Kalli  I just made a comment to my husband today about how every time I see the commercial with the Woodchucks it makes me laugh. There’s a new commercial and the Woodchucks are in a lumber yard called Lonnie’s wood. At first I thought it was a real commercial for a lumber yard. Hilarious 😂 

@Leggett28 

When I first saw the  new woodchuck commercial with Lonnies Lumber, I too, thought that it was a real commercial for a real lumber yard!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

So many ads are full of desperation.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

I can't stand any of those insurance company commercials.  Allstate, Geico, Progressive and sadly Liberty Mutual.  They are horrible, dumb, silly etc. 

Remember when Liberty Mutual had those great commercials about people helping people.  I swear I almost changed our home and car insurance to them just because of them.  Now?   No way. 

I can't imagine any execs of those companies viewing them and saying "YES, that's a great commercial.  We'll go with it."  I really don't get it at all.  

Get new ad execs.

Really? I have a great sense of humor and love all of the insurance commercials! I love that they are all competing against one another for who's the funniest! How about that? Nice to see humor and laugh once in awhile nowadays. Smile, life is too short.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PROGRESSIVE commercial

[ Edited ]

The only one I like is the Liberty Mutual one with the young guy in the leather jacket who keeps flubbing his lines, like "Liberty Biberty" and has to keep starting over. NOT the abbreviated version but the full version. He's too cute!

I'm sick and tired of "only pay for what you need". If if see that one starting I hit that mute button so fast.

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

The only one I like is the Liberty Mutual one with the young guy in the leather jacket who keeps flubbing his lines, like "Liberty Biberty" and has to keep starting over. NOT the abbreviated version but the full version. He's too cute!

I'm sick and tired of "only pay for what you need". If if see that one starting I hit that mute button so fast.

Every time I see that commercial I think he needs to be in a sitcom. He's clearly a good actor. Great expressions and timing.

Honored Contributor

It's just a silly commercial, amusing in a weird way. I've never seen a handicapped person with motor cycle welded to his or her lower body so my mind definitely did not go there. 

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

What does everyone think about the progressive Motour commercials? I think they are rather weird  and something not quite right about them. I don't understand it's like a handicap person. Maybe someone could make me feel better about them.

Those commercials give me the creeps.  There is something just not right about them.

But I do like Mayhem in the Allstate commercials.  Some are pretty clever.