Respected Contributor

Re: PLANS FOR THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND?

I don"t care to travel on holidays or week-ends.We are retired so we will travel the following Wednesday and Friday.That is a plus for being retired.We will just spend the week-end relaxing and enjoying doing nothing LOL.Everyone,have a safe and pleasant week-end.

Honored Contributor

We are going to our Lake Place tomorrow for the weekend.  I have spent today preparing food to take, so I won't have to bother with much while we are there.

Right now my house smells like it needs airing out...hard boiled eggs and spare ribs are quite the stinky combination.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We have no plans, which actually feels kind of good.  Both daughters are having cookouts at their homes and of course, we are invited.  It would be nice to spend time with the grandbabies but the girls are at that age where their friends all have babies and kids and I'm up for the hustle and bustle and craziness that comes with a group of young families. Been there, done that.  I'm thinking about sleeping late and hubby and I can take a nice long drive, have a seafood lunch or early dinner somewhere and go see a movie.     

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Please be careful on this weekend.  We're looking forward to some wonderful stories.

I'm working and Sunday is DS's birthday. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

No plans, but please remember that it's not "Happy Memorial" weekend or day. Memorial is a time to remember those that sacrificed their lives.  Veteran's Day is a day for thankfulness.  Memorial Day has been changed into the beginning of summer celebration and that is wrong.

Missing an uncle that died in the Vietnam War.

Honored Contributor

My husband and I are alone the weekend, but my son is coming to the country for a cook out Monday. Son and husband are Vets, many served in my family, they all came home.

Honored Contributor

Its going to be extremely hot here so I'm not going to be far from the pool..

Plan to just relax!

IMG_3070.JPG

Thank you to our military for their service & sacrifices

Valued Contributor

My grandson is graduating from high school this weekend!  I still don't know what all is going to be involved as far as taking him out to celebrate afterwards, etc. but I'm flexible. Just tell me where to be and when!

Esteemed Contributor

@SleepyTime  My husband did two tours (years) in Vietnam  and died from Agent orange exposure. Many of his friends were killed in Vietnam. Others have had problems since returning. 

You are correct it’s a day to remember and be thankful for their service!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh you and your hubby take care...