Honored Contributor

PLANS FOR THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND?

I want to wish my friends here a safe weekend, especially if traveling.

We’re headed to a Bat Mitzvah out of town, getting up early tomorrow morning to drive. This branch of the family tree (on my Mother’s side) broke away almost 30 yrs. ago...long story. I had not seen my aunt (Mom’s sister) & my cousins in all these years. We always lived across the street from each other and the girl cousin (3 months older than me) were more like sisters. We were even roommates in college. 

About 18 months ago, my aunt called Mom. They were both  around 90. “No time to waste”, she said. She came to visit and brought her family (my cousin/sister now a grandma, too!!). Happy times for all and peace made over lunch. 

Timing was short, my aunt only saw her sister, my Mom, once before her funeral, but they all showed up at the end for the service. The Bat Mitzvah is this cousin’s granddaughter...have not met her yet. 

This is MY chance, with Mom gone, to keep this generation  together. My aunt will be 92 and my cousin and I vowed to keep the family together.

So, my trip tomorrow is the happy start of years ahead with a side of the family I deeply missed. 

What are your plans for this weekend?

Honored Contributor

Re: PLANS FOR THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND?

Every Year this weekend, we go to our church workshop. We leave Friday and come home Sunday. It is a very busy weekend, but so enlightening and informative. We always come home feeling so good.

We then have Monday morning to relax before going to a cookout in the afternoon, and then back to work........ 

Honored Contributor

We are invited to a cook out...but rain is in the forecast...like we have not had enough!!  Hoping to get in the yard sometime over the weekend.....Hope everyone has a safe holiday.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We have no plans at all.  Going to be a boring three day weekend for us.  Fun fun. 

My husband isn’t doing very well health wise and has declined some more in the last few weeks.   He sleeps most of the day so we’re home most of the day, every day. 

And, I hurt my upper back/lower neck three weeks ago and am not doing so well with it.  I started physical therapy on Tuesday and was in some pretty intense pain yesterday. I go to therapy again tomorrow.  To be blatantly honest, wearing my bra makes the pain worse because of the pressure it puts on the muscles. So if we’re out, the second we get home I take it off.  

Oh, I forgot. We are having lunch with friends tomorrow, but that’s an hour and a half out of the three day weekend. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I hope you have a great time, @Shanus .  We have a similar situation in my family, and your post has given me hope that one day we will all reconcile too!!

Be safe, my friend!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

We have no plans at all.  Going to be a boring three day weekend for us.  Fun fun. 

My husband isn’t doing very well health wise and has declined some more in the last few weeks.   He sleeps most of the day so we’re home most of the day, every day. 

And, I hurt my upper back/lower neck three weeks ago and am not doing so well with it.  I started physical therapy on Tuesday and was in some pretty intense pain yesterday. I go to therapy again tomorrow.  To be blatantly honest, wearing my bra makes the pain worse because of the pressure it puts on the muscles. So if we’re out, the second we get home I take it off.  

Oh, I forgot. We are having lunch with friends tomorrow, but that’s an hour and a half out of the three day weekend. 

@gidgetgh   Sorry to hear that you and hubby aren’t doing well. Enjoy your lunch, get rid of the bra and relax. 

Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

I hope you have a great time, @Shanus .  We have a similar situation in my family, and your post has given me hope that one day we will all reconcile too!!

Be safe, my friend!!

@redwingsgal   I don’t know your circumstances, but sometimes YOU have to be the one to reach out. Good luck to you. 💕

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/81/12/99/811299b154bd2d040e10ad25c45a5756.jpg

Respected Contributor

Working Saturday  thru Monday 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh . Hope you and hubby are on the mend soon......