Honored Contributor

I have an account and some people are on there I've never heard of....different nationalities and languages. My others I do know are on there, too. Have I been hacked? Have to change my entire account, PW, etc.?

Honored Contributor

Yes, that's what you have to do if you suspect your account was hacked.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I have an account and some people are on there I've never heard of....different nationalities and languages. My others I do know are on there, too. Have I been hacked? Have to change my entire account, PW, etc.?

change yr password 

and make your account private, 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I don't understand what you are saying.

Is your account Public or Private?

You have Followers of your Instagram account that appear international or bogus accounts?  That happens to everyone that has an account.  You can ignore them or Block them if you want. I block at least one a day who try to sell me crypto currency.  They're mostly bots anyway. 

If, however, your account name or image is being used by someone else, report it immediately (click on those 3 dots on the top of the page).

Sometimes a new account is created very similar to your account name, by merely adding a number, dash, or symbol to your name to make it look like yours.  Report that also.

Valued Contributor

IG has been sending me pages recently they think I may be interested in. Sometimes it's very 3 or 4 posts. Occasionally I find them interesting but usually I find them intrusive. You can click the dots to turn off suggestions.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Shanus I don't understand what you are saying.

Is your account Public or Private?

You have Followers of your Instagram account that appear international or bogus accounts?  That happens to everyone that has an account.  You can ignore them or Block them if you want. I block at least one a day who try to sell me crypto currency.  They're mostly bots anyway. 

If, however, your account name or image is being used by someone else, report it immediately (click on those 3 dots on the top of the page).

Sometimes a new account is created very similar to your account name, by merely adding a number, dash, or symbol to your name to make it look like yours.  Report that also.

@Caaareful Shopper   There are pics and posts of international people I've never heard of. Clicked the 3 dots on the post, as suggested. If still have issues tomorrow, will just delete acct. Don't see much content there anyway.

Honored Contributor

I still don't understand what you mean about pics and posts from international people.  Are these posts on your feed or are they posting directly to you via a reply to something you posted?

My account is private.  In order for someone to comment on anything I post, they have to follow me and in order to follow me, I have to grant them permission.  I have rec'd a few messages from people and I just delete the message and block the person. 

Honored Contributor

I have an account I don't use.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have an account I don't use.

@ECBG   I'm thinking of just canceling mine. I rarely check anything there. Most of the info on videos I watch is YT.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I still don't understand what you mean about pics and posts from international people.  Are these posts on your feed or are they posting directly to you via a reply to something you posted?

My account is private.  In order for someone to comment on anything I post, they have to follow me and in order to follow me, I have to grant them permission.  I have rec'd a few messages from people and I just delete the message and block the person. 

@Lipstickdiva   I have never posted anything...thought my account was private, but suddenly I have pictures of foreign people w/ foreign language captions when I scroll through. Either hacked or what?