Occasional Contributor

Re: PENNSYLVANIA UNEMPLOYMENT - NEED HELP!

Okay.  I have one more thought for you.  I work for a small company and actually do payroll and UC verifications.  We are back to work and one employee told me, like you, that he did not receive one penny of UC benefits while furloughed.  

He got assistance from one of our local representatives offices and they were able to finally get information for him.  

He actually still had a claim open from a previous employer (never used) as he obtained his employment where I work.  That claim was confusing the newly filed claim.  Regardless, I'd try your local elected representative because, as you know, they are not answering telephones at UC.  He even had to be persistent with the representatives office.  Don't back down.  You worked for these benefits and are entitled to your unemployment. 

I feel for you.  Again, good luck.  That's as much info as I can share.  

Valued Contributor

@qvc chick wrote:

I was laid off back in early April.  Filed for unemployment same day.  Was approved, got a pin number, and filed my weeks.

ALMOST 10 WEEKS LATER - NOTHING !!!!!!!!

No money, no extra $600, nothing!  I have called the main number (only one) and it is BUSY, no matter what time of day you call.

This is disgraceful!  I have called the PA Govenors office (same thing - dead end).  Called senators office, left messages, no response.

Anyone have any ideas????   It has been 10 weeks with NO PAYCHECK.

Bills are late.  I am at my wits end.

As someone else suggested contact your local TV station - I know that in DMV (District, MD, VA) the consumer dept for the ABC station was able to get several hundered people in MD their unemployment checks, so this is somewhere to reach out.

Valued Contributor

So sorry this is happening to you.  Too many people are under the assumption that laid off people are making all kinds of money sitting at home.  They do not understand what you have to go through and wait!  Hope you are able to resolve this issue.  I am so glad I am now retired!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with poster who suggested contacting your local Congress person.  These people maintain several offices and I have better success contacting their district office. They bend over backwards to help you especially in an election year.  Before I retired I worked in Public Affairs answering Congressionals (we were a Federal entity).  Congressionals have time restrictions so you will get action!

Honored Contributor

@qvc chick   I feel your pain and I hope you get your unemployment benefits....soon.

I am trying to get something for our small business...I am also getting nowhere.  I have called and did speak with someone who put me on hold 2x because she could not answer my questions....then put me on hold a 3rd time to speak with her supervisor...ugh...it put be back to the beginning, as if I had just called.  I also called my state representative, they never called me back....it's all very irritating.

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I agree with poster who suggested contacting your local Congress person.  These people maintain several offices and I have better success contacting their district office. They bend over backwards to help you especially in an election year.  Before I retired I worked in Public Affairs answering Congressionals (we were a Federal entity).  Congressionals have time restrictions so you will get action!

@patbz :  It seems like our congressmen would be willing to help.  BUT in our situation with PPP program, we called and could never get through to him.  His assistant would listen but didn't do anything (not really sure how he could to be honest), but it was a brick wall.   Good luck to all those having a hard time getting their benefits.

Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom :  The Congress person's staff (assistants) do all the calling and legwork; you don't need the Man (or Woman) himself (or herself).

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@Hoovermom :  The Congress person's staff (assistants) do all the calling and legwork; you don't need the Man (or Woman) himself (or herself).

@patbz :  I understand the process....just pointing out for someone who has never called their Congressman before, that's all.  

Valued Contributor

It takes a long time because they have to investigate each claim.I got called back at work while 3 of my colleagues still stay home and get paid  3 times what I make working.

This creates a lot of resentment.

If they prolong the 600 federal benefits after the end of July,I will be very sad.

Neddless to say,my colleagues are extremely happy they were not called back.

There are many articles in the news about employers having a hard time finding people to fill some jobs.