Super Contributor

PENNSYLVANIA UNEMPLOYMENT - NEED HELP!

I was laid off back in early April.  Filed for unemployment same day.  Was approved, got a pin number, and filed my weeks.

ALMOST 10 WEEKS LATER - NOTHING !!!!!!!!

No money, no extra $600, nothing!  I have called the main number (only one) and it is BUSY, no matter what time of day you call.

This is disgraceful!  I have called the PA Govenors office (same thing - dead end).  Called senators office, left messages, no response.

Anyone have any ideas????   It has been 10 weeks with NO PAYCHECK.

Bills are late.  I am at my wits end.

Respected Contributor

Re: PENNSYLVANIA UNEMPLOYMENT - NEED HELP!

If you google unemployment compensation in pen. During Virus you will get information. Maybe one of the articles will lead you to a phone number or email address that will help. Good luck!

Regular Contributor

@qvc chick  I am so sorry you are going through this.

Honored Contributor

@qvc chick, The same for me.  My job discription was terminated early Apr.  You can go online to the  pennsylvania.gov unemployment and search for "check my status".  You have to enter your SS# though.  It should tell you what, if anything is holding up your payments.  I also was able to get an online chat with an agent there.  I am living on my retirement savings and not happy at all.  God Bless you,  SC

Honored Contributor

If you google it you will see that there are millions of the unemployed in the country complaining that they haven't received a penny of unemployment..

DD (different state) is one of them and she's been 'waiting' as long as you have after filing and being 'approved' with a PIN#.

The good news is that she's getting lots of job interviews by listing her resume on Indeed dot com. and has 2 good job offers!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Same thing happened to my hairdresser.  He told me he applied for unemployment insurance, and got zippo.  Finally got his first check right before he went back to work.  I assume he'll still get the backlog of checks, but he really needed it then, vs. now.  This is New York State.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvc chick    Needless to say, nobody here has the power to expedite your UI check, however I do know that most states were inundated with thousands of claims and insufficient staff to process them.  It sounds like you've taken all the steps necessary to jumpstart your claim.  Have you tried contacting a state legislator for your area?  A consumer advocate for a local TV station?

I hope you've contacted creditors and advised them of your situation.

My guess is that you'll soon get your backpayments in one large, glorious lump sum.  That's what happened to my friend here in New Mexico after a long wait.  Hang in there; there are many who are in your same situation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Either go online and do it again, call them or go to your local PA career link. 

Occasional Contributor

You have a PIN.  That has been most people's biggest challenge.  Now onto what might have happened.  

I too, live in Pennsylvania and was successful in filing for my benefits.  Have you received a debit card from, I believe US Bank?  If UC does not have your bank account information for direct deposit, the funds are applied to the debit card.  You can then take the card to your bank and have the funds deposited to your account. 

I heard some received the card, thought it was an unsolicited credit card and destroyed the card.  Direct Deposit and the debit card are the only means by which your benefits are distributed.  There are no paper checks. 

There is a link buried within the unemployment website to provide your bank account information to UC.  However, that would be for all future benefits.  If your benefits up to this point have been added to the debit card, that's where they will stay.  There is probably information somewhere on the site as to what to do if the debit card is lost or stolen.  I hope this is helpful.  Good luck. 

Super Contributor

Yes, did all that .

And again the unemployment phone number is listed. 

but it is constantly busy.  

dead end