Regular Contributor

Dan came out dressed very nicely in a suit with a bouquet of flowers and a teddy bear for her and she started to cry.  Very sweet - of course the little balloon said "get well soon" which is right up Dan's alley, but I think 35 years at a job is awesome and to be celebrated.

Congratulations, Pat!

Honored Contributor

I watched, and i'd bet they didn't spend more than 5 or 10 minutes celebrating the anniversary.  The TSV was on for the first 30 minutes!  Her daughter called in. Then there were some other family members on a video.  I beieve Pat said that it was her sister and some othe family members.  Of course, Jayne hosted the show and Dan did show up briefly, but no other current hosts other than Mary (who is definitely not one of the "old timers"), if I recall correctly.  A very brief bit from Rick at the end.  I wonder if Pat was as disappointed in the show as I was.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I watched, and i'd bet they didn't spend more than 5 or 10 minutes celebrating the anniversary.  The TSV was on for the first 30 minutes!  Her daughter called in. Then there were some other family members on a video.  I beieve Pat said that it was her sister and some othe family members.  Of course, Jayne hosted the show and Dan did show up briefly, but no other current hosts other than Mary (who is definitely not one of the "old timers"), if I recall correctly.  A very brief bit from Rick at the end.  I wonder if Pat was as disappointed in the show as I was.

@Krimpette   I wasn't disappointed, since I didn't expect anything more.  It was exactly how they've been doing all of the host anniversaries lately. I posted as much in my earlier post.  

They build those anniversary shows up so much.  But it's really more to lure as many shoppers watching [and hopefully spending] as possible. Sales, sales, sales.

Pat did seem to appreciate it very much.  I guess that's all that matters.  She's a wonderful host, and seems like a terrific person.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

@Krimpette   I wasn't disappointed, since I didn't expect anything more.  It was exactly how they've been doing all of the host anniversaries lately. I posted as much in my earlier post.  

They build those anniversary shows up so much.  But it's really more to lure as many shoppers watching [and hopefully spending] as possible. Sales, sales, sales.

Pat did seem to appreciate it very much.  I guess that's all that matters.  She's a wonderfulI' host, and seems like a terrific person.

My guess is a low key type of celebration is exactly what Pat wanted.  She's not a showy type of person, unlike some other hosts.  She's a lovely lady and I'm sure well liked there.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

I missed the show but am glad to hear that Nikki called in.  And how appropriate that Dan presented her with flowers and a teddy bear; they were a team for many years.

I think Pat was probably pleased with how things went.  At least she was recognized, however minimally.

Respected Contributor

they mentioned that her daughter Nikki was "award winning". what award did she win?

Honored Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

they mentioned that her daughter Nikki was "award winning". what award did she win?

@10sluvr  She won a local Emmy for news reporting.  She's on the news team at WRTV in Indianapolis.

Honored Contributor

if you have facebook, pat posted some great photos from throughout the years. some of the other hosts have posted some of her also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Love Pat, definately a favorite. 

Super Contributor

WhenI think bavk to Lisa Robertson's farewell party, QVC treated Pat terribly.  There were ball gowns, celebrity stylists, champagne and endless fake praisea,  Pat's worth 10 of Ms Robertson,  shame on you QVC.