Honored Contributor

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY  to our hubbies.

It's also a bittersweet time to remember our own fathers. Mine was the best, most loving and understanding Dad a girl could wish for. When he passed 6 yrs. ago, a part of my heart passed, too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus What a nice message this is.  I totally get it as I was a daddy's girl and I lost him suddenly when I was at the young age of 20 (he was 49).    They say a daughter will marry a man like her dad and I was lucky enough to have done that.  I still miss my dad every day after all these years but I have been blessed with my DH.

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's in our lives.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: PASS ON THE MESSAGE

[ Edited ]

I was thinking just a couple of hours ago that my father has been gone for 25 years. I can hardly believe it. Yet, the memory of Dad is very clear to me. He gave me my lifelong interests in politics, French, higher education, baseball and tennis. I'll think of him tomorrow as I do just about every day. My favorite picture of him was a candid photo where he was smiling broadly with his great-grandson, my first grandchild. I am so grateful that my father lived long enough  to meet and enjoy his great-grandson.

Honored Contributor

Re: PASS ON THE MESSAGE

[ Edited ]

I have always said that one of my greatest blessings in life was my dearest father.  He was the most upstanding, gracious, polite, kind, intelligent, compassionate and tender man I've ever known,

When he passed, many in our town said that the "last gentleman in ______ has died."

True.

Trusted Contributor

And a Happy Fathers Day to my Husband.  This wi ll be our first Fathers Day without him. His daughter and I miss him very much.  My daughter is an adult but a girl always misses her daddy.  I still miss mine.  Gonna be rough tomorrow, and Monday would have been our 41st wedding anniversary, 

Keep those you love close because you just never know.

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there and to all the ones that stepped up with the biological dads did not.

Respected Contributor

My Father loved me unconditionally which meant alot. In his later years dementia time he would call me by my Mother's name. She had strings attached on her love so glad he was there. 

He used to say " It will be ok no one got hurt."

He had children from a previous marriage and when his first wife, their Mother died , was the first Father to gain full  custody in Minnesota State Supreme court in 1958.  He fought the Grandparents. My Mother said he always paid child support and that aided the case. My parents second mortgaged their home and my Mother to her dying day said he owed her.  They were teenagers and I was age six so alot of turmoil. In hindsight in later years he said he should have let them stay but I told him you loved your children and did what you needed to do.

Honored Contributor

One of my favorite pictures of my Daddy.  He passed away June 7, 1997. I still miss him as if it was only yesterday.

8B16B9AB-BF6D-4932-994F-3E47190494D8.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I adored my father and lost him to a rare brain cancer when my 40 yr old son was only 8 years old.

Our son is an exact dup of him!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

One of my favorite pictures of my Daddy.  He passed away June 7, 1997. I still miss him as if it was only yesterday.

8B16B9AB-BF6D-4932-994F-3E47190494D8.jpeg

@SurferWife 

Very strong resemblance!!!

Esteemed Contributor

My husband, my dad and my FIL are all gone now.

I was thinking today that I have no regrets in how I treated them.  Wonderful men.