Respected Contributor

i buy food on qvc. i do now and have for years.

never for a party or get together or any other type of gathering.

it goes into the freezer.   i take out servings as needed.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

Maybe the person ordering lots of makeup is like me.  I have several daughters and grand daughters.  Makeup is great as a stocking stuffer.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I'm finished commenting here. Makeup and makeup parties have nothing to do with my original post. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   Trying to point out the fallacy in your original post that people ordering food from QVC "must still be entertaining despite the CDC warnings." One has nothing to do with the other.  

Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@Shanus   Trying to point out the fallacy in your original post that people ordering food from QVC "must still be entertaining despite the CDC warnings." One has nothing to do with the other.  

And you are so sure? Crystal ball please?

Respected Contributor

I am still trying to figure out how anyone here would know that  individual shoppers are ordering huge platters of appetizers, lobsters, steaks, cookies etc? Yes QVC sells these items but it doesn't mean there are lots of shoppers buying all of this.   People do eat steaks, seafood  and cookies without having parties. Would you assume that because grocery stores sell cookie and appetizer platters, steaks, seafood and breads that those who shop in grocery stores are buying all of this to host parties in their homes? 

If you use this logic then you would have the same reaction to jewelry shows. Why are people buying all of this fancy jewelry and clothing? They must be planning on going to fancy parties and restaurants. None of this is logical. 

Super Contributor

Clearly you don't have teenage boys living in your house!

Trusted Contributor

Thousands of people have lost their business and jobs...you can't hide forever..use common sense when you are out

Jessa
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I'm finished commenting here. Makeup and makeup parties have nothing to do with my original post. 

Sometimes it's better to admit to a half-baked post and just move on, @Shanus.

I am a Costco shopper and buy in large quantities for just the two of us.  No parties.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Sometimes it's better to admit to a half-baked post and just move on, @Shanus.

I am a Costco shopper and buy in large quantities for just the two of us.  No parties.  

@tansy   WE shop at SAM's and also purchase somw things in quantity. We do, however, pass up the assorted large cakes/cookes/sliced cheesecake platters, arranged cheese plates with crackers and fruits, several bottles of wine in festive packaging, etc. These are obviously  planned for company. We aren't having anyone in our home and do not plan to go to friends/family for the holidays. 

FYI, it's not a half baked post.