Trusted Contributor

It started yesterday, with an intensenly itchy stomach, then shoulder, then arms and largs, etc. My doctor has prescribed a powdery medication that you mix with liquid and slurp down. It took two doses but eventually it went to sleep.

Then the bad dream started; I have a certain dream I've been having for years now. It involved (i'll give you the short version) me going to a shopping centerr and then not being able to find my car, while I'm walking for miles in high heels.

Evetually I woke/wake up with a POUNDING headace. I took some Ibuprophen and it took a while but my headace went away.

I've been freaming this for year and I don't like it. I wih there were something I could do to make it go away.

Sweet dreams, my dears!

Honored Contributor

I had a dream throughout my childhood, teens and early adulthood.  When I was going thru a very bad time in my life I mention my dream to my counselor.  When he ask me who I thought was the mystery person in my dream and I figured out who it was it was a satisfying time for me and I never had the dream again.

I suggest you think very hard on your dream and figure out what in your life may be causing some traumatic thinking hence the dream.  Im guessing when you figure out what in your real life is causing you anxiety your dream will stop.  

I hope this suggestion works for you.  Good luck and God bless.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

WhenI was young, my recurring dream was that I had chewing gum in my hair and could not get it out.  In my older years, my recurring dream has been that someone has stolen my car.  (Mind you, my car is a 2005, so who would want it!!!!).  Anyway, I have strange dreams when I take a Melatonin, although I find I sometimes have odd dreams when I take a half a Unisom.

@FuzzyFace. Hope you're feeling better.

Honored Contributor

When I was a kid I would always dream I was sitting in class with my PJ's on or that I wore my PJ bottoms to school instead of underwear.I did end up wearing PJ bottoms, the babydoll type to school several times and was in such a panic, the nun's were so strict. As an adult I would dream of fire and whenever I had that dream someone close to me would die. Not right away, but not that long after.I was also slaying demons and snakes in my dreams as a kid and young adult, I know that's how I dealt with an abusive father.Thank goodness the dreams I had as a child ended when I went to public high, but I still had PTS for 10 years after I got married and left home.

Esteemed Contributor

For years I dreamed that I didn’t go to one of my classes, usually in the History Department. I was trying to drop the course but the dream never ended with resolution of the problem. As time went on, the dream became far less frequent but every once in awhile the nightmare reappears.

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace@Vivian@blackhole99@Krimpette@Imaoldhippie

On tv many years ago I heard that one has nightmares based on the things you don’t want to have happen.

This can be a very soothing explanation.

My DH has repeating dreams (during stressful times) of needing to take a final exam, he never has cracked open a book, he cannot find his way to the classroom...now, I’m pretty sure he EARNED this anxiety for real...but...who wants to suffer that now? lol

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@FuzzyFace@Vivian@blackhole99@Krimpette@Imaoldhippie

On tv many years ago I heard that one has nightmares based on the things you don’t want to have happen.

This can be a very soothing explanation.

My DH has repeating dreams (during stressful times) of needing to take a final exam, he never has cracked open a book, he cannot find his way to the classroom...now, I’m pretty sure he EARNED this anxiety for real...but...who wants to suffer that now? lol

I have the exact same dream. I cannot say that it occurs more during stressful times. And of all the things that can wrong in life...flubbing a class is pretty minor. If anyone knows anything more about this please let us know!

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace

Using a couple of your words, "Oy vay", I have no clue what this post means, other than you have the same bad dream, and you have a headache. Your doctor nor Pharmacist (if it os a prescription) DID NOT tell you what this "powdery medication" is, and for what reason(s)?

"Mix it" with what liquid? Slurp it down, what like a shot of booze? Strange!

That doctor would be quicky my Former Doctor. Now about your headache! How much ibuprofen did it take?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

@Vivian  One of my nightmares is that I flunked freshman orientation.  Another has me packing a suitcase with all sorts of things, never enough of anything.

Honored Contributor

When I was a very little girl, I had this dream countless amounts of times.  I was a little girl, in our little television room, and I had to jump up and slam my body real hard on the ceiling and fall hard to the floor.  It was necessary to do this. So even though it hurt, I had to make myself do it.  Finally the dream stopped at some point and time.  Always wondered what it meant.