Super Contributor

Please  keep your thoughts coming.I am taking note of each.Much thanks.So many new ideas.I enjoy each one...

Valued Contributor

@happycat wrote:

My grandpa use to tell me to really think before I spent my money, about if I really needed whatever I was wanting to buy or not.

Honestly, some days I do better than others.

It is nice to have a nest egg and to know that if we have some sort of catastrophe, we will be ok and have enough to take care of it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that financial peace of mind cannot be bought at the mall.

@happycat   Very wise.

Valued Contributor

@Tweety68 wrote:

Please  keep your thoughts coming.I am taking note of each.Much thanks.So many new ideas.I enjoy each one...

@Tweety68   Not sure if you were referencing my post but thank you for yours, very useful info being offered.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Overshopping...

[ Edited ]

Kudos to the poster who recognizes that she is overshopping. I think more younger people get caught up in the easy credit cycle and tend to buy more. That's when it's time to make the commitment to get the credit card balances under control, and the only way to do that is to stop charging purchases that you can't pay off every month.

Respected Contributor

This post came at the perfect time. I cycle between frugal and over shopping, and now in a shopping jag, that I must STOP.  Please keep the suggestions and mindset coming! Thank you! 👏🏼💐

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

This post came at the perfect time. I cycle between frugal and over shopping, and now in a shopping jag, that I must STOP.  Please keep the suggestions and mindset coming! Thank you! 👏🏼💐

@Skyegirl21   Take a look at the thread "Any thoughts???"  Maybe you'll find something useful there.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Snowwhite! 

Respected Contributor

I wasted thousands of dollars on stuff I didn’t want. I get sick thinking about it. I was unhappy and shopped to feel better after my mom died . It didn’t work of course. I got a little better but time did that not shopping. Now I am wiser and broke. ☹️😢

Esteemed Contributor

One thing about being short there isn't much to buy but I still do. Also I have to have all my tees on a bed for there is no closets or space. Lonliness and nothing to do shouldn't be the reason.

Honored Contributor

@godi 

That works for me too.  When I see something that is a want and not a need; I put it on my wishlist and look at it a day or two later.  Most of the time, I end up deleting it....because the fever has passed...LOL