Honored Contributor

Over 50 and Fabulous

[ Edited ]

The Over 50 and Fabulous group on Facebook is now 80K members and still climbing.  I think in just 2 weeks.   It's still mostly introductions but posters are beginning to post content now.    Surprisingly little to no Qvc talk.  Occasionally in their intro someone will say I've been a QVC customer for XX years but that's about it.   

Super Contributor

I only tuned in for about 2 or 3 minutes the other night. I changed the channel right after Shawn dropped that 4-letter word.  I was surprised they let her say that on air since they bleeped Mally's expletive during the show's intro.  During the time I watched, Mally encouraged people to chat during the show with her on the Facebook page.  I enjoy the livestream chats during David's and Rachel's show on Sundays, but that over 50 Facebook chat seems likes it's not for me based on what I've seen on air, so I haven't joined and probably won't.

Honored Contributor

@1tuffcookie wrote:

I only tuned in for about 2 or 3 minutes the other night. I changed the channel right after Shawn dropped that 4-letter word.  I was surprised they let her say that on air since they bleeped Mally's expletive during the show's intro.  During the time I watched, Mally encouraged people to chat during the show with her on the Facebook page.  I enjoy the livestream chats during David's and Rachel's show on Sundays, but that over 50 Facebook chat seems likes it's not for me based on what I've seen on air, so I haven't joined and probably won't.

The Over 50 Facebook group is completely separate from those over 50 shows.  I haven't seen any of those because Mally isn't my cup of tea.   Many, perhaps most of the Facebook posters don't know QVC is connected to the group.   A lot have never watched QVC which did surprise me considering the age of the women.  Although my friends 77 year old mother never watched any shopping channel until she moved in with her daughter.   I belong to a Qvc group and the ladies were discussing the raunchy conversations on those Over 50 shows.  

Honored Contributor

This whole Over 50 and Fab is just another tactic to sell,sell, sell.

I ain't fraid of no ghosts.
Honored Contributor

I found the group very offensive mostly wannabes trying to self promote, them selves. I lasted about 10 days there before I saw the light 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

The 0ver 50 is a simple marketing strategy.  Unfortunately the buying power demographic is decreasing; under 40 do not even watch live TV etc.  See how shopping centers and malls are empty?  

If QVC wants to be an over silly 50 talk show, well...... 

Trusted Contributor

The only thing the "Over 50 and Fabulous" campaign has done for me is completely run me off from QVC. And I couldn't be more serious.

Respected Contributor
Reading comments on other social media sites, people join then after they see what it is (a lot of selfies little content) they quit. I have no desire to watch that program, nor any of the 50 fabulous shows.
Respected Contributor

i am not a fan of facebook

no matter the topic or group

i am in a couple resell groups which i view lightly due to the wackos everywhere

~~today may be my last.....i choose JOY!~~
Valued Contributor

The Over 50 and Fabulous FB group is a big ZERO!  There is nothing "QVC" about it.  Just people that join the group and post pictures introducing themselves to people they don't know, lol.  It offers nothing of value.  I have no idea what QVC thinks it is supposed to be, but it's nothing.