Esteemed Contributor

Re: Our little dog almost died.....

@Group 5 minus 1 

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

He is alive,but needs a lot of care. We love our pups so much we would do anything for them.

However, I am shocked at the not caring from friends and family. We called to let them know how ill he was,but no further calls to ask how he was doing.

We have always called and E-Mailed when someone we know is ill.

On another note our adult children did care and called.

OMG,, I hope he is getting better.  I cried just to hear that and understand the loveh.  I have one old one laying next to me now.  Friends and family can be very self absorbed with themselves.  Only animal lovers can appreciated what you are going through.  My prayers with your little guy for a good recovery.

Respected Contributor

I lost my best friend 16 months ago and it was the most heartbreaking thing I have ever been through so far. I lost my sister that same year and although it was hard to lose her it was not the same kind of pain as my dog.  She was not around me 24/7.  My little pomeranian was by my side every minute of every day and knew me better and loved me more than anyone.  Unless someone has experienced this kind of love and companionship it is hard for them to understand it.  Forgive them and go on.  

Trusted Contributor

I understand this so well, as I have a bond with my Frenchie that I've never had with ANY dog before. I don't even know how to describe it! It's like we read each others' minds. We are together 24/7 except when I have an appointment, errand, etc. although on most errands, she goes with us. I don't like being away from her.

Honored Contributor

There are people that just don't understand how much some of us love our pets, i lost cambridge dec.1st, my little red golden,and lastnyear lost spirit, both were 10m yr. they are with us all the time ,need us as much as we need them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I understand how you feel as I have been through it.  Some people haven't been through it, or don't have pets.  They don't get it.

My good friend recently lost her beloved doxie.  I was contacting her many times throughout his illness and loss.  I have never seen her in such pain.

I could sit and cry right now remembering all I have lost.

So hoping your little one is great again soon.  Many of us here DO understand.

Hyacinth