Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Three inches from the property line is crazy-close.   I'd check local ordinances to see if you're within the law.  Twelve inches seems more normal.  And jasmine, while beautiful and fragrant, is terribly invasive - i.e. not a good choice for a property line.  I'd remove it.  Consult with your neighbor on what, if anything, should replace it.  Remember, QVC sells a privacy fence with faux ivy from Compass Home (M52911) that's quite popular.

Everyones fence is 3 inches here.   Consult my neighbor?  It is not his business what I plant on my side.   The stuff your talking about above would not give the fence support.  That also would never survive a hurricane. It is in my best interest to just stay away from him.  He put stone down on his side, and so I doubt he wants to plant anything there.  The guys that laid the stone literally pushed it up against the fence and when I saw the bottoms boeing out on my side , I was livid. I told him to move it back a good two inches because the men that put the stone down said that it will eventually keep moving towards my fence as it was walked on and weather etc.  He siad cut him a break he asn't moved in yet.   I had to laugh because he is here everyday.  He is just not all there.  

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@BalletBabe- So there was jasmine growing on both side of the fence?  Your old neighbor planted one their side and you also planted one on your side.  Is this correct?

@qbetzforreal   Yes, that is correct.  He had every right to take the bush out on his side.  Now mine is starting to get bigger, and I told him don't let me catch you pulling it off.  First I told him that he could push them through if they grew on his side, but when he got screaming at me like a child, I told him not to touch my fence or my vines.   I will check it often and try to keep them on my side.  He said the vines were pulling the fence down.  That is a lie.  I lost a few sections about 10 years in hurricane, believe it or not , I had nothing fall last year in the bad hurricane we had.  

IMO when he saw he had pulled the staples out, he should have repaired it.  I have to call someone at the court house to see what is legal.  I have lived here for 16 years and never had a problem.  My old neighbors that just moved out, they always asked before they did anything to the fence.  Everyone else put up their fence close to mine, but never did any damage.  He also claimed that my trees caused him to need a new roof and I told him now I know your nuts.  There are no holes or shingles pulled off and old neighbors always kept them cut away from the roof.  The roof is 25 years old , that is why it needs replaced. 

thanks for the clarity

Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal   Sorry didn't mean to write a book on it.  LOL   Hard to explain online.  I seriously have never dealt with an adult that acts like this.