Honored Contributor

Opinions about how a woman weather person dresses

On our local TV station..she is expecting and wears knit dresses that emphasis her abdomen. It is a look I do not care for. Am I just old fashioned? What do you all think?.

Honored Contributor

Re: Opinions about how a woman weather person dresses

@Group 5 minus 1 

I agree...and I'm old fashioned too!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

"Those" days are long gone...

1950s Maternity Suit Dress, Swing Top & Skirt, Bust 30 / Vintage Sewing Pattern / Butterick 6194 image 1

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

This is the way younger women dress these days......very short, very tight, the girls hanging out of the top, 6 inch heels. Nothing left to the imagination. 

Respected Contributor

Just call the TV station and ask them to make her wear green. It'll be like her body isn't even there.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very, very old fashioned and outdated. 

And she's probably a meteorologist,  not a "weather person."  Imagine that.

Honored Contributor

Is she expecting a UPS package?  She's pregnant.  Yes, you are maybe 20 years behind modern times when it comes to how pregnant women dress.  They hide their pregnancies today.  They happy, proud and they don't see a baby bump as something to be hidden or disguised.  Some dress to emphasize the bump

With today's stretchy fabrics many don't wear maternity clothes until the end when they have no choice.  I think it's a good thing that pregnant are living their lives, doing their jobs and dressing the way they want to dress.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I think any one can look graceful and adorable-- and timeless-- while pregnant, without going the route of super-tight and revealing.  In a very visible job, clingy knits do not strike me as professional, under the circumstances.     

Not every young woman who is expecting does that, and they still look stylish.   There will always be some who know that "discretion is the better part of valor",  thankfully.    

Honored Contributor

Pregnancy is nothing to be ashamed of.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I see many tops sold on shopping channels that look like the old style maternity tops but women who are pregnant wear tight fitting tops that show the belly button.  From one extreme to the other.  But to answer the OP, I guess you are old fashioned but so am I.  I don't find any tight fitting clothing to be attractive, pregnant or not.