Honored Contributor

Re: Only Venting b'cz there's NOTHING I can do NOW ...

@RinaRina      I am SO VERY SORRY that you are in this situation... I would call this AN EMERGENCY SITUATION and tell them of the discomfort you are in. You need this taken care of.  Please call around. Someone will help you.  

One of my main concerns is my teeth during this closure of everything as I have teeth with issues and never know when I will need help... I am chewing very carefully so I do not lose a crown or such.

Respected Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

Long story made short ...

On March 3rd, I got a root canal.

I was in the chair a VERY LONG time, but it never occurred to me why ...

After a grueling surgery, as I was putting on my coat, the Endondist says, "there wa a glitch".

She told me WHY the surgery take so long .

One of her instruments broke in my canal and she couldn't remove it.

She told me to come back in six months.

She also broke the tooth she did the surgery on and said, "sometimes that happens when you're drilling".

I called my dentist and told him what happened, but he said he refers all his patients (including family members) to this Endo because she's "the best" in town. 

The following week, I made an app't with another Endo (for a 2nd opinion) who'd done a R-canal on me 20 years ago.  That app't was for March 23rd, but unfortunately, the office cancelled the app't because of the pandemic.

Our local news said this morning the city will be shut down for another month.

So, here I sit in constant discomfort ... and there's nothing I can do at this time..

I've remained calm, but I'm really starting to get angry ... because at this time, there's nowhere I can go. 

I'm addition to the canal thing, she broke your tooth?!! That's serious. What did she do to repair your tooth? I'm just speculating. Did she take a mold and put a temporary crown on it and you were scheduled to go in for a permanent crown? Either way, I'm sorry you're in this predicament.

Honored Contributor

I hope you are planing to sue that dentist. That shouldn't have happened. 

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

Long story made short ...

On March 3rd, I got a root canal.

I was in the chair a VERY LONG time, but it never occurred to me why ...

After a grueling surgery, as I was putting on my coat, the Endondist says, "there wa a glitch".

She told me WHY the surgery take so long .

One of her instruments broke in my canal and she couldn't remove it.

She told me to come back in six months.

She also broke the tooth she did the surgery on and said, "sometimes that happens when you're drilling".

I called my dentist and told him what happened, but he said he refers all his patients (including family members) to this Endo because she's "the best" in town. 

The following week, I made an app't with another Endo (for a 2nd opinion) who'd done a R-canal on me 20 years ago.  That app't was for March 23rd, but unfortunately, the office cancelled the app't because of the pandemic.

Our local news said this morning the city will be shut down for another month.

So, here I sit in constant discomfort ... and there's nothing I can do at this time..

I've remained calm, but I'm really starting to get angry ... because at this time, there's nowhere I can go. 

I understand.  I was the very first patient cancelled by my eye surgeon.  I had 1 cataract fixed early March and the other was to be done first thing on the 19th.  That was the first day they were told to stop operating.  So, here I sit with glasses that don't match my needs.  I need my current prescription for 1 eye but not the other so everything is warped. I popped the lens out of one side but I still can't see up close with that eye.  It gives me headaches like you wouldn't believe. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Silver Lining wrote:

I'm addition to the canal thing, she broke your tooth?!! That's serious. What did she do to repair your tooth? I'm just speculating. Did she take a mold and put a temporary crown on it and you were scheduled to go in for a permanent crown? Either way, I'm sorry you're in this predicament.

===================================

Yes, the Endo broke the tooth.  When I asked her where the rest of my tooth was, she said she didn't have it.  All she said was "sometimes that happens when you're drilling."  When I called my's dentist's office and told them what happened, they said, "don't worry, we're replacing your crown."

Apparently, my dentist & this Endo work together a lot .... and to them it's no big deal.

Sigh ... SMH ... there's just nothing left for me to say.

I guess she's so famous, she can afford not to care.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

@RinaRina: Just had a root canal 10 days ago. My dentist did tell me my root was calcified and that it happens with age. He had to use a special drill bit to clean it out. The dentist in my area are only taking emergency cases. I have also read that if a tooth is calcified and the dentist is having a hard time cleaning the the root. The tooth should be extracted. 

===========

She had a LOT of equipment .. NEW equipment and a "3D" machine which she seemed fascinated with.   She showed me everything in "3D' but frankly, I wasn't interested.  My attitude is, you don't have to show me your bells and whistles as long as YOU KNOW what you're doing.  Maybe, she needed it as a crutch.  She also charged me extra on my 2nd visit for a shot called "GENTLE WAVE" and believe me it was not gentle. 

Regarding the "special drill bit" ... she had a lot of drill bits, but she did not have a gentle hand.  She was ROUGH and broke the bit IN my canal .. and couldn't get it out. 

She didn't even tell me until I was putting on my coat to leave.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I hope you are planing to sue that dentist. That shouldn't have happened. 

I can't afford to sue someone like that ... well-known in the community;  on the cover of our city magazine as "The Best" Endo in the area.

And guess what she did?

When I decided to see another Endo, I asked her office to send me all photos and reports.  In the report she said I broke my own tooth!

I EMAILED HER AND TOLD HER, SHE BROKE THE TOOTH, NOT ME.

She's a LIAR.  I'd never win in court.

She had an answer for every mistake she made.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I understand.  I was the very first patient cancelled by my eye surgeon.  I had 1 cataract fixed early March and the other was to be done first thing on the 19th.  That was the first day they were told to stop operating.  So, here I sit with glasses that don't match my needs.  I need my current prescription for 1 eye but not the other so everything is warped. I popped the lens out of one side but I still can't see up close with that eye.  It gives me headaches like you wouldn't believe. 

===================

When I heard on the news Drs. had to cancel surgeries, I felt awful for the poor patients .. having to wait this out.

This morning, a pregnant woman and her son were walking her dog, and I thought to myself, I sure wouldn't want to be in a hospital having a baby right now.

Super Contributor

Our dentists here are open for emergencies....how awful for you.
Respected Contributor

@3blackdogs wrote:
Our dentists here are open for emergencies....how awful for you.

================================

I'm glad you posted this.  I'm gonna call the other Endo today.