Esteemed Contributor

Re: Online sales 🛍 Met Store, Smithsonian, Brad's Deals

Thanks for posting this!!!

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Thanks for posting this!!!

You're welcome, @Nataliesgramma!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Thank you, @dooBdoo.. I was poking around at the Smithsonian store and I realized this is the perfect place to find my grandniece's fiancé's gifts. He's very hard to buy for (for me) being so science-minded (astrophysicist) 🤓

They offer some very unique things for men, as well as we women. Unlike here and HSN. I will save the links for further browsing. Like to support these types of places and PBS anyway.

Already ordered the Raspberry Mélange Batik Top for myself! Very reasonable price on sale. I wish the jeweled Tree of Life necklace wasn’t sold out, since I know someone who would love that in their Christmas stocking. Hope they will restock it. 

Happy shopping to you and all here! 😊

Honored Contributor

@LurkyLoo,  You're welcome!   I do like the variety and agree that the offerings often are very different from those we see on other websites.   Over the years I've found it an excellent source of gift ideas, and definitely with many unusual and interesting ones for the guys on my list.   So glad you found something you like!   That batik top looks lovely (you made me look!) and tempting.    Their Tree of Life jewelry is beautiful, and I've seen it from time to time so fingers crossed that they will restock.   I hope you enjoy your shopping!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

I'm glad you like the top, too, @dooBdoo! Wearable art, but not too bold or garish for my modest taste. (No offense to the more daring in fashion choices.) 

I’m encouraged by your info that the Tree of Life necklace will be restocked in time for Christmas! 🤗

Thank you again. ❤️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LurkyLoo wrote:

I'm glad you like the top, too, @dooBdoo! Wearable art, but not too bold or garish for my modest taste. (No offense to the more daring in fashion choices.) 

I’m encouraged by your info that the Tree of Life necklace will be restocked in time for Christmas! 🤗

Thank you again. ❤️

Hi, again, @LurkyLoo!   You're such a kind and thoughtful person, and I really enjoy your contributions to the forums.❤️    I totally agree with your assessment of the lovely top.   As far as the necklace...   I don't want to mislead and I probably didn't express myself well.   I've seen and admired the design before, and so I have great hopes that it will be back but I don't know for certain.   I'll think good thoughts to "will" it back into stock!😃    You're welcome, and I hope you have a lovely evening.😊

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @dooBdoo

I love those museum store shops!

I believe the rule is simply that links to other retailers can't be posted, but they can be mentioned.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

Thank you, @dooBdoo

I love those museum store shops!

I believe the rule is simply that links to other retailers can't be posted, but they can be mentioned.  

Exactly, @GingerPeach!   I seldom post hyperlinks for anything these days, because I'm never quite sure which ones are acceptable and I hate seeing anyone's entire post vanish just because of the link.   So, I usually default to the "copy-and-paste-this-URL" method.   

You're welcome!    Glad to see so many fellow posters enjoy these shops.😊

Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@LurkyLoo wrote:

Thank you again. ❤️

Hi, again, @LurkyLoo!   You're such a kind and thoughtful person, and I really enjoy your contributions to the forums.❤️    I totally agree with your assessment of the lovely top.   As far as the necklace...   I don't want to mislead and I probably didn't express myself well.   I've seen and admired the design before, and so I have great hopes that it will be back but I don't know for certain.   I'll think good thoughts to "will" it back into stock!😃    You're welcome, and I hope you have a lovely evening.😊

Hi today, @dooBdoo! I always enjoy your posts, too- you're very helpful, as well as thoughtful. ❤️

No need to be concerned that you may have misled me. I only meant that the info you provided gave me hope that the necklace MAY be restocked in time to order for Christmas. 😊

I'll keep checking back there. May even request it by email, if I find a link. 

Have a wonderful afternoon and evening! 

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @LurkyLoo!❤️