Honored Contributor

Online sales 🛍 Met Store, Smithsonian, Brad's Deals

[ Edited ]

I wasn't sure where to post this or how to title the thread, because it involves sites that offer a wide variety of merchandise categories.   The Met and Smithsonian have sales right now, but also throughout the year they send email notices with new offers. 

Not posting clickable hyperlinks since these are retail-site related.

The Met Store
(store.metmuseum.org)

Summer clearance up to 50% off.
$7.95: Our New Flat Rate for Shipping
"Every purchase supports The Met's collection, study, conservation, and presentation of 5,000 years of art."

and

Smithsonian Store
smithsonianstore.com
Summer sale up to 75% off.
(their shipping isn't free or inexpensive, but sometimes they have special shipping offers)
"All of the revenue from your purchase directly supports the Smithsonian."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also subscribe to Brad's Deals emails, and I've found some excellent bargains.   
            They don't sell anything, they just watch internet retailers for the best offers they can find and send out heads-up information.   
            (Shoutout to @Say Nay❤️ who told me about this site a wee bit of a while ago!)

Brad's Deals
bradsdeals.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy shopping, friends!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Re: Online sales ~ Met Store, Smithsonian, Brad's Deals

Thank You, @dooBdoo For me, there's nothing like shopping "therapy!"

Image result for thank you languages around world

Honored Contributor

Re: Online sales 🛍 Met Store, Smithsonian, Brad's Deals

Thank you @dooBdoo. Years ago I used to go to the Met monthly with the kids. We bought so many beautiful things. Another Met store was in the Macy's Manhattan store. It is long gone but evokes many fond memories.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

Thank you @dooBdoo. Years ago I used to go to the Met monthly with the kids. We bought so many beautiful things. Another Met store was in the Macy's Manhattan store. It is long gone but evokes many fond memories.

You're welcome, @Trinity11.   I used to spend a lot of time in D.C. and without exception always took time out for at least some part of the Smithsonian and their shops, and trips to NYC always included time at the Met and their stores.   Many Christmas gifts have come from those delightful sources over the years.   Fond memories for me, too!   I'm glad this evoked good ones for you.❤️ 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Re: Online sales ~ Met Store, Smithsonian, Brad's Deals

@alliswell wrote:

Thank You, @dooBdoo For me, there's nothing like shopping "therapy!"

Image result for thank you languages around world

You're welcome, @alliswell!   Agreed, a favorite form of therapy!   Love your graphic.😊

Respected Contributor

Thank you for posting this!

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

Thank you for posting this!

You're welcome, @ItsME!😊

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the info & links! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

Thank you for posting this.  Will poke around a bit soon no doubt. 😃

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

You're welcome, @CatBagLover and @Drythe!😊