Honored Contributor

One of the oddest things about this time!

To me, I cannot figure out why some things are so exciting to me!  

I was thrilled to pieces over a new toothbrush!  

I crave a McDonalds burger

Finding the spice I want is a major thrill

I could not care less about: clothes, makeup or skincare.

I have no desire to go to shop

I am glad I can get groceries and not have to shop

All of this is strange to me.  Are there things you discovered about yourself that surprise you?

Respected Contributor

Re: One of the oddest things about this time!

Yes, I can go out of the house without makeup. Nine months ago no way. But I still feel better when I put makeup on I just don't always do it.

Honored Contributor

I so enjoy my trips to Safeway and, once in awhile, a side stop at Walgreen's for greeting cards.

I love grocery shopping, always have, but more so now.

Trusted Contributor

Definitely took extraordinary joy in stopping my toilet tank from running. The rubber "flapper seal" had disintegrated a bit and no longer sealed the hole when the tank was full. So it leaked and ran a few seconds at odd intervals, wasting water and driving me nuts.

I took a photo of the whole assembly in the tank, making sure to show the culprit part. I showed it to the hardware store guy and he knew exactly what part to sell me. I got home, watched a YouTube how-to to get an idea of technique and tackled this fairly simple challenge. My first toilet repair!!

I was too concerned about contagion to have a plumber or handyman come into the house during the high infection time. I was so proud of my cleverness getting this done by myself. 

Oddly, I was just as equally thrilled within the last week when I was able to obtain a jar of chunky apple sauce in a grocery store I rarely shop in. I had a short list of a few hard-to-find favorites no longer stocked in my neighborhood store. I got very excited to quell my craving for this rather mundane non-essential food. I'll admit I bought, uh, more than one jar--the cashier gave me a funny look putting my trove of chunky apple sauce into a bag!

Yes, it's quite weird how some things affect us these days. 

Respected Contributor

I love getting curbside pickup from a couple of bar/restaurants, where in the past you had to go into their bar area for takeout. Curbside pickup. Love, love, love it. I think I've gotten lazy.

I love going outside to the mailbox while not having put a bra...all day. Of course I do wait until it's dark outside, but still.

Honored Contributor

I found canned pumpkin this week, it made me very happy. Simple pleasures folks. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I was introduced to online grocery orders with drive-up pick up this year and it certainly will be an option. 

I learned to use temporary root color to extend my visit to salon. May be able to save a little money. 

I'm stretching myself to think of others, even in the little things. Surprised my son and his sons with some great snacks from the grocery store today. I dropped the grocery sacks off on their front porch and called and told them to check the porch. 

Listened to Bishop Michael Curry's online message about the power of love today. This has certainly been tested this year. I'll leave it at that. I've got some work to do. Challenging times point us to paths.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

@Sooner  Yes I'm enjoying a nice walk around my little neighborhood... it's quiet and seems like there's more to think about and be thankful for. I'm staying in and cooking and still mostly working from home. No rat race just slower and more thought out. 

Super Contributor

For me, it's odd that I am not planning things in advance as much as I used to. I used to really like planning outings, vacations, events, etc. I stil do, but after so many things were cancelled this spring, I think I realize that it's best not to spend too much time making plans. So, I'm going with the flow more, and we still don't have any idea if we're doing anything over Christmas break. Usually we would have plane tickets by now! 

Honored Contributor

I've learned how much I love having someone else do my grocery shopping and I just pick it up.  It never had much entertainment value for me.

Years ago, when I bought my first house, my gf brought me a flapper and showed me how to change it.  Great housewarming gift that has saved me a fortune.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment