Esteemed Contributor

Elvis, Beatles, Captain and Tenele(sp)?, Tony Bennett, Tom Jones, Louie Prima, Frank(Chairman of the board), Sinatra, Dino, and more, Earth, Wind and Fire, 1812 Overture,Eddie Duchin, WOW the Memories.  I loved every kind, but not country. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Sweetbay magnolia, well how interesting, Mantovani ( post from the 18th...

Awh, no Phil Woods? 

I know my music husband has every Phil Woods album. He asked Phil many years ago

..( and so did I -to husband) what mouth piece did you, (HUSBAND) finally settle on..>*this was waaay before I knew anything about altos, PW's favs, et cetra. I would love for you to hear some of his professional tapes; believe me, the same sound!! No, he's not doing any gigs with any particular group, the las was was with R. Charles. That was when RC heard hi from only a tape and the rest is history. Ever hear of the LA4? Great band..that was over 20 years ago...so young.

Also,had some great drummers from the 80s that came here. TRIVIA, again.

This comes down along the lines of old albums. Husband plays everything brass; that mouth piece was a lucky find. PW told him where to (TRY) and find the originals/ I know he has two. Husband said ..and I probably am not telling how he told me> the very same ones that Woods had..from the vintage Meyers NY/ someone needed the $$s and he found them down south. Voz(?) reeds. I have seen him go through 30 and fine only 1 what he told me perfect. Getting back to the Meyers /vintage, that would be the very few anyone could get their hands on from the ones from the elder man, Myers, or the Meyers brothers (?)..sound right? Flipping around from memory. I wrote you a note last summer that my husband sent toyou, moreso info. on how he gotto where he was and what he fought hard to but. everything Phill W.

I have the same music, too, from Percy Faith..love his music, husband never passes up anything Charlie Parker and the (as he refers to), The Best of the GREATS. Jazz is just about the only music he'll ever listen to. Me, anything BUT RAP NOISE and country.

Even if one of us lives to be 80-90, DIES, ``Those horns /a REAL collection, here.

I could never get rid of anything. Those will go to our son, who has ZERO interest in professional Jazz.

His profession: is closely considered being a perfectionist in what he chose with 10 years of college +++ other additional (schools to complete); just some trivia family info.

Must take after mama.

JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO..NEVER SEE MUCH OF YOU, OR  actually ANYONE AS MOST DO. BEEN AROUND 6 YEARS 5 MONTHS AND STILL UNDER 4,000. 

Did you see the Tony Williams AWARD?

Honored Contributor

Oh I will NEVER get rid of all of my old record albums! They traveled with me through a few new houses and I plan on keeping them forever. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I donated all of mine, except one, years and years ago. Gave them to Goodwill. 

I only kept one. Buckingham Nicks in case anyone is curious. My favorite album ever so I held on to it for sentimental reasons. 

That's the one I'm keeping too!!   somehow I have 4 Rumours albums too, 

Super Contributor

I have an unopened White album, probably not the right publisher tho.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh goodness, please don't throw out those albums! As one poster mentioned, vinyl albums can be quite collectible. In my city, there are several music stores that buy pre-owned vinyl records. Check around or ask some friends - you might be surprised at what you have. Good luck!!