Honored Contributor

I like to refer to it as my "Rice Krispie Age."

Everytime I move, my joints go snap, crackle and pop!

Trusted Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@hckynut is to commended. He and his wife have been through hell with health issues, but he still has a positive attitude.

Yes, getting old stinks when it comes to health issues, but I choose not to sit around all day long boohooing about it on these boards like many do. How depressing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

catwhisperer, since your attitude is mostly to be commended, maybe you could work on being less judgemental.

Respected Contributor

I have no issue with getting old considering the alternative.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor
"Dear" is patronizing.....ma'am is respectful...guess it depends on where you were raised....
Honored Contributor

It is hard to be around others who are dismissive...but I seem to notice it happening more the older I get. I went intp a store to get another iPad case...the 20-something guy who met me at the door and followed me around treated me like I didn't have any idea why I was there....he spoke very slowly and loudly like I was hard of hearing...and questioned me as to whether I needed an iPad case or an iPhone case and did I know the difference?! I left without buying anything.  I am sure he would have never treated a younger person that way. I just ordered the case online. 

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess, well not being there, of course, I don't know how I'd see that.  I figure they are told how to be helpful.  It's better than some I have seen.  Maybe he just was trying to be thoughtful and nice.  Could be, he's come in contact with a few of the people that you described him behaving towards.  

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

It is hard to be around others who are dismissive...but I seem to notice it happening more the older I get. I went intp a store to get another iPad case...the 20-something guy who met me at the door and followed me around treated me like I didn't have any idea why I was there....he spoke very slowly and loudly like I was hard of hearing...and questioned me as to whether I needed an iPad case or an iPhone case and did I know the difference?! I left without buying anything.  I am sure he would have never treated a younger person that way. I just ordered the case online. 

@lovesrecess.  I went in to get a new cord. I know they are usually very helpful. When I was met at the door, he pointed me to the back where the cords were which was fine. I figured he would only get someone to help me if it was a bigger purchase than a cord. Also, all the Apple stores are always super busy here.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut, I have no doubt my aunt would have liked to have met you, too. She loved animals, and I know you and your wife are cat people.

You sound so much like my dad, being a friendly guy, starting conversations with folks....I know you must meet a lot of interesting people like that.

Hope you and Cindy are doing well.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
"Dear" is patronizing.....ma'am is respectful...guess it depends on where you were raised....

What I hate here in Florida is when we have to speak to salesman - ie: selling home products like flooring etc -and they keep calling us "kids". We haven't been kids for many decades now. "Well, what can we help you kids with today?" gag!

Honored Contributor

Dear is fine, ma'am is fine but do NOT call me "Miss" My First Name.  You will get a short and to tohe point lecture about it is disrespctrul except to very old women and three-year-old little girls.  

You don't call grown men Mr. Bob.  Well, unless it's Mr. Bill. . . Woman Wink

OHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!