Respected Contributor

Do y'all ever have odd things happen, & wonder what it means. I recently bought a tote of jewelry at an auction. As I sorted thru, there was a set of comedy/tragedy mask pins. Those have always fascinated me for some odd reason. Since buying that tote, those masks have been popping up everywhere! I was at Goodwill, & there they were hanging on the wall. Scanning eBay & there they were in a search that puzzled me, as to why they would be in that listing. 

Maybe I've over thinking, but I keep wondering what the meaning is. (I know I'm weird, lol)

Esteemed Contributor

weird, huh?        

🎭 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Odd Happenings

[ Edited ]

I find it interesting that since you purchased a tote of jewelry at an auction that you are now finding the comedy/tragedy masks even though you aren't looking for them.  What does it mean?  Who knows, is there a message there for you?   Things happen for reasons we have no control over and perhaps one day out of the blue the answer will be there.  In the meantime enjoy what you are finding.  Woman Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Re: Odd Happenings

[ Edited ]

@TX-starlight   Just my thoughts:  Are you perhaps at a point in your life where you are actively, intently searching out its meaning, or should you be doing so?  

Your subconscious might be drawing you to the masks as a way of highlighting the yin and yang of your life--happy with sad, good with bad, laughter with sorrow, etc.--to remind you to keep a balanced perspective, and take off the "masks" and be your most authentic self rather than acting a part to please others or hide from yourself.

Similar motifs and themes might be playing out in your dreams as well.  You might want to keep a dream journal and see what theme, or symbols, recur.

aroc3435

Regular Contributor

I dont think it is odd. For example, I never paid attention to trucks until my husband bought one. Now I see the brand all the time.

Honored Contributor

I think you just never noticed them before your find in that bag.  Since you seem to have an attachment to them, you will notice them more in other stores/websites.

I don't see a deep meaning to it at all.

It's like another poster said-you buy a certain car and all of a sudden you notice many of them on the road.

Enjoy your find-I don't think you are weird or strange.  The discovery of those pins has opened you up to seeing them in other places where you may have just passed by them before.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Do you have an Alexa or similar electronic device in your home?  I have no explanation for them showing up at Goodwill (other than just coincidence), but if you have an electronic device that may have picked up a conversation you had with someone regarding the pins, it will show up in various places on line.  I have done searches from my work computer and then had related items show up on my Facebook feed at home.  I once had an item marked on HSN to notify me if it came back in stock.  HSN never notified me, but that item showed up as an ad in an unrelated website several months later.  Sure enough, I went to the HSN site and found it back in stock and ordered it!  Big brother marketing is always watching and/or listening!

Honored Contributor

It might be a coincidence.  But it's more likely that since you recently bought those two pins, you are thinking about them, they are in your subconscious so when you see those pins in other places now, you mind "clicks" on them in a way that it wouldn't if you didn't have them planted in your mind.  

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435  You may have hit the nail on the head!!. In the last year, I have reflected back on happy & sad times. Getting older, I tend to look back. I keep trying to connect the masks with some sort of "message". Tks!

I have no Alexa or any other devices such as that, in my home.

Valued Contributor

Also, could it be a sign from somebody that has crossed over to the other side, that these masks had meaning for...or something from your childhood that draws you to wonder about them?  

Just thinking, here.

Monke~