Honored Contributor

Re: October 2021: Bird's Nest

May be an image of prairie gentian, rose and text that says 'Happy Tuesday รั้ย Posted by The skylark's dream'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of cat and indoor

Honored Contributor

First, let me just say how much I'm going to miss all of you here!😢❤️

Many seem to be gravitating to the Delphi platform, but I'm not sure about it for me yet.  As much as I rely on this place, I'm just not sure I want to get involved in another social media site.  But I'll see.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette  I went over there and registered so I would get the Birdmama nickname.  The particular forum that I landed on is cutesy and from what I understand folks who create a forum have the option to make it as clean or ornate as they choose.  I can't lie - I know my post went through and if anyone happens to respond to me I'd like to hope that I can find it on the QVC refugees thread where I posted it.  Will I transition there?  I don't know.  There is talk about creating a whole new forum on the Proboards site.  I have no idea what that is however I can see it turning into a whine-fest or the wild wild west without moderation.  

I'd like to think I am an even keeled and fair person who didn't get into many arguments here in the community.  It was an easy going experience for me because I avoid drama like the plague.  I subscribe to the old adage - don't start no stuff and there will be no stuff.  I don't go looking for 'it' however if you bring 'it' to me, I'm going clean your clock out.  Been like this since I was a child.

I don't know if the juice will be worth the squeeze on another forum.  I am willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and it won't take me long to determine if it's a good fit.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@geezerette  I went over there and registered so I would get the Birdmama nickname.  The particular forum that I landed on is cutesy and from what I understand folks who create a forum have the option to make it as clean or ornate as they choose.  I can't lie - I know my post went through and if anyone happens to respond to me I'd like to hope that I can find it on the QVC refugees thread where I posted it.  Will I transition there?  I don't know.  There is talk about creating a whole new forum on the Proboards site.  I have no idea what that is however I can see it turning into a whine-fest or the wild wild west without moderation.  

I'd like to think I am an even keeled and fair person who didn't get into many arguments here in the community.  It was an easy going experience for me because I avoid drama like the plague.  I subscribe to the old adage - don't start no stuff and there will be no stuff.  I don't go looking for 'it' however if you bring 'it' to me, I'm going clean your clock out.  Been like this since I was a child.

I don't know if the juice will be worth the squeeze on another forum.  I am willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and it won't take me long to determine if it's a good fit.

@Bird mama 

I was just discussing much of what you say with another poster in another thread.  

I'm not fond of trying another social media site at this point in my life, but I haven't ruled it out as yet.  I don't know what I'll do right now.

It's been a pleasure communicating with you over the years.  I do feel that you're a 'stand-up', straightforward person.  I've enjoyed sharing a bit of 'back home' from your posts.  You're the kind of person with good old fashioned Midwestern values that I grew up with.  Kind of like having a long distance neighbor.

Thank you for welcoming me into your threads here.❤️

Honored Contributor

hello all

MAYBE ONE OF THESE BOARDS WE CAN KEEP GOING

i registered this morn on 

Q#loves on facebook

Delphiforums.com

Proboards.com

this morn

maybe we can keep going somehow

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

@Bird mama  Delpiforums would be the place I would go, if I went, lol.  I want privacy which I understand one gets there.  I just went there and was told not only my name was in use, but my custom email address which is impossible, no one could have it, so I'm out.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  I gave them my MSN dot com email address and created a password and posted there.  Logged off and then tried to log back in.  They recognized the email addy and not the password.  So I said fine I forgot the password.  They sent me a temp password, I logged in and then changed the password.  I haven't tried to get back in to the delphi forums, just came back from the dentist.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

@mousiegirl  I gave them my MSN dot com email address and created a password and posted there.  Logged off and then tried to log back in.  They recognized the email addy and not the password.  So I said fine I forgot the password.  They sent me a temp password, I logged in and then changed the password.  I haven't tried to get back in to the delphi forums, just came back from the dentist.

@Bird mama   I did that, then did it again, now I am registered.  I don't see how to get to the Q forum.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of food and text that says '5 Octobre Bonjour Ephéméride Seasonal Calendar'