Honored Contributor

Re: October 2021: Bird's Nest

May be an image of text that says '31 Octobre Ephéméride Seasonal Calendar Coffee fféee Coffeel Coffeetime 000 00 Coffec O0 Curieuse Mon Blog Loisi'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'BROOM CLOSET Princess Sassy Pants Co." ogan A GIRL'S GOTTA HAVE OPTIONS.'

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I am so sorry for not being able to get on here sooner.  I hope that everyone sees my post because I read that the forum and blogs will end on Nov. 2nd.  I am sad to here that.  I was very sick and could no longer get to my puter. I was on several biologics for my Crohns disease.  I was sent to a great doctor at a learning school and hospital about an hour and a half from our house due to the biologics not working.  He put me on an older biologic and it too was not working.  I developed a fever and was told after phoning his office to go to the hospital and go to the ER. I went there and was then admitted.  I was there for 18 days.  I had many tests and along with many doctors I also had students seeing me around the clock.  Turns out after many treatments I was told that opeating was an option. That night I went into AFIB.  Later on I was told that operating was no longer an option and that I needed emergency surgery to remove my colon.  After getting me in shape for surgery which was several hours after the AFIB I had my colon removed.  I was told it was in very bad shape.  I came through fine and was suppose to remain there for a week afterwards but was doing so well that they released me 2 days after the surgery.  I could not walk but was taken to our car and home we went.  I was so happy tofianlly be home.  I came home with all sorts of devices and tubes attached to me.  I finally am free of everything including a walker that I had until a week ago.  I have visiting nurses and PT people and OT people here weekly and could not get to my puter.  I finally made it to my puter tonight and just wanted to let all of you know that I am doing fine and missed all of you a lot.  I also am so sorry to see this all go.  I was one of the originals in the Birds Nest and also the Back Fence.  I could not find the time to post on both so I chose the Birds Nest.  I thought it would be a great idea to combine the two.  i do not belong to Facebook nor do I wish to join.  So I guess this is good bye to all of you.  I will miss all of you very much.  BTW I no longer have AFIB and was told it sometimes happens and is often gone after surgery as mine was. Thank goodness it is gone.   Again I will deeply miss all of you and enjoyed chatting with all of you.  Goodbye my friends.

EDITED TO SAY:

WOW I just read somewhere that this board is no longer going to be cancelled.  I sure hope that it is true.  I still have a difficult time getting to my computer but will keep trying but may not be daily.  I still have all those people that I mentioned coming here all week long except weekends!

Honored Contributor

hello all

Luv's so glad you are back. sorry to hear of your surgery sounds like it has really truly helped your debilatating condition. hope your recover quickly and become strong again.

not much else today

did chores, did walk,clothes hanging outside stiff breeze

last night on my walk, i came upon a skunk waddling along the roadway towards a neighbors house. i beat feet home quickly and quietly.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to read your post @luvsbulldogs 

Heart

I knew something had to be seriously wrong for you to stay away for so long.  They've had you on every biologic out there that might help the Crohn's disease and you've suffered through it with Grace that I don't possess.

I know that colon removal surgery is probably a surgery of last resort and I am so glad that it was an option for you.  I'm no doctor however I would think that leaving your colon in could have killed you.  You have to worry about tissue death, gangrene etc.

Regarding the Q Community, as far as I know, it's going to continue on so when you feel like it and can get on the computer, just pop in and say hey.  I'm late setting up the bird's nest thread for November.  I'll get that done when I finish this post. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

November Nest is up

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/November-2021-Bird-s-Nest/m-p/7211283#M528001

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvsbulldogs   I am so glad to hear you are finally doing well and the quality of your life will be so much better.

By the way, I have A-Fib take two pills daily, Flecainide, and surgery is worrisome with this condition.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

did chores

did walk

no clothes outside today, it is dreary,damp,cool,

that is all for now,later guys