Honored Contributor

Re: October 2021: Bird's Nest

So far, once you sign in to delphi forum there is a fashiontalk and handbag forum started by a well known poster MacDuff from the fashion forum over here. Very clean and simple.  I wonder if I could start a bird's nest forum or thread over there.  What do you think?

Still trying to figure out how to find people outside of the wisteria new visitors area.  I'm amazed I figured out what I have in so little time Woman Tongue

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

So far, once you sign in to delphi forum there is a fashiontalk and handbag forum started by a well known poster MacDuff from the fashion forum over here. Very clean and simple.  I wonder if I could start a bird's nest forum or thread over there.  What do you think?

Still trying to figure out how to find people outside of the wisteria new visitors area.  I'm amazed I figured out what I have in so little time Woman Tongue

@Bird mama   Will you combine Bird's Nest and Back Fence, I vote for that, unless you come up with a new name that includes both.  I doubt that @Winifred would go to a new site, just a hunch.

Honored Contributor

hey bird mama,can not find your friend request on delphi,

Honored Contributor

I think it's in the incoming message @viva923   Then again maybe I messed up.

Honored Contributor

Birdmama i got your friends request had to search for it, but found it, added you to my friends list Tissyanne also added to my list

Honored Contributor

I accepted your request too @viva923   You know, the more I go into that site, the less weird it is to me.  I think this is all gonna backfire on the new CEO, lol.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, based on what I've been reading around the community, it looks like the majority of  posters will be migrating to the new proboards forum.  Without creating an account I browsed the set up of the new Q related forum on proboards and can see the allure. 

When I come to the Bird's Nest or any thread in the QVC Community, the URL starts with Community dot QVC dot com.  When I go to the Fashion Talk thread on the Delphi Forums the URL starts with Forums dot Delphi Forums.

When I go to Proboards the URL starts with a posters nickname dot proboards dot com.  Perhaps it's the nature of setting up a forum or message board over there (I don't know) but I'm not comfortable with a forum so closely tied to an individual.  As far as I know the poster is the sole administrator of the entire replicated forum.  What if she decides one day to end her account in proboards or God forbid she falls seriously ill - does the entire proboard community go up in smoke? 

Maybe proboards has FAQs that would answer this for me.  I'll have to read up on this more before I commit to moving over.  For me the end of the community on QVCs website might be a case of 'too all things there are a season'.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

I have some reservations about it too.  

Honored Contributor

I've been puttering around on the proboards website.  There is a formal process for Administrative Account Succession.  I want the new forum to be there for as long as folks want to gather.  

Honored Contributor

Well, I took the plunge.  

Same name and avatar there.  I have only managed one post and the avatar thing.  I'm still a bit uncomfortable.  But then, I'm always a bit uncomfortable about everything!