Honored Contributor

Re: October 2021: Back Fence

Floor work is incredibly dusty and I learned that the hard way @Epicurean  I have hard wood floors and like a twit did a whole lotta wall washing in this house before I hired a floor refinisher to sand, stain and coat the floors.  Hubby and I pulled up new carpeting in a boatload of rooms because I like hardwood floors to be visible.  Well I got my workout after it was all done and had to rewash every wall.  On the one hand it was a blessing that we hadn't moved in yet so I didn't have to deal with furniture.  Yea you would think they would get some kind of lung condition from breathing that all in.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@viva923 

Thank you for welcoming me Woman Happy You have been super busy today. I have to get ready soon and go to the post office and do a couple other errands. I have some cleaning to do tomorrow. As you can see I am in no rush. lol. It is 69 degrees here and sun comes in and out. Tomorrow will be a real cool down.50's We all know it's coming, but I guess that's why we live here. I love the 4 seasons when we get them.

@viva923 wrote:

hello all

HEY LEENY, WELCOME

boat load of chores today, did 2 days of cleaning today. want to clean the kitchen this week so doing it tomorrow.

did get walk in

huge load of clothes on line outside,they are parasailing today, good stiff breeze, warming up, full sunshine today

ok guys later.

Respected Contributor

@Epicurean 

It will all be nice when everything is done, but I know what you mean about all the dust from everything. Remodeling is such a chore and it seems you find that dust weeks later somewhere. Those days for me are well behind me anymore. Thank goodness.;

Thank You for Welcoming me in. Woman Happy

@Epicurean wrote:

Welcome Leeny!

The floors will be finished today,the our work starts. These guys were great. They put plastic on the furniture that stayed in the house. Coveted my kitchen counter. One they couldn't because they had to pull out the stove/fridge. They den covered a clock on the L.R. Wall. I don't understand,I'm going to ask,why the hell they don't were masks.everything is covered in dust,try even covered the inside of my pantry. They are getting a nice tip for sure. I'll be back when my house is put back together!

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama   Thanks again for the nice invite! I hope you are having a Great Day! I still can't believe we are over 1/2 into October. I swear that the calendar is moving faster and faster everyday  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

hey all

many of those people who work with that fine dust stuff many develop lung disease later in life from working with all that dust/dirt/fine wood particles, they don't think aboutmuch when younger when they get older the copd/and other diseases of the lungs hit them.

did some chores

did walk

hung clothes on line.

brilliant blue sunny day

clothes dried, folded and all put away.

ok guys, later.

slow news day today

Honored Contributor

@viva923   when you're young you think you are invincable and you don't think about old age.  I think too there is a macho thing in some industries like guys don't wanna look weak.  

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

What you say is sure the truth. My DH worked at a college and he worked at a time that asbestos  was everywhere at the college. When they would do a remodel guess who was in the middle of that? uh huh.. DH. So now he has pulmonary issues. They didn't think of wearing masks back then and now he lives with the consequences. So it does surprise me that the guys working on the flooring are not wearing a mask.Breathing in any kind of construction materials is nasty. 

@Bird mama wrote:

@viva923   when you're young you think you are invincable and you don't think about old age.  I think too there is a macho thing in some industries like guys don't wanna look weak.  

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

cooked up hamburger for sunday's meal, making home made chili.

hung clothes out, did walk, not much else

Honored Contributor

That's one of the great things about ground beef or hamburger meat  @viva923   You can make burgers, chili, stuffed cabbage, hamburger soup, lasagna.  It's really versatile.

Trusted Contributor

Just beautiful weather today,esp. nice sleeping weather. I knew it would happen. Today I feel like I was hit by a bus. Only three more boxes to go and everything will be back to normal. Hope to get my annual flu shot Monday. Next  few days will be getting out my comforters for both bedrooms. That's about how exciting it is around here! 😀