Honored Contributor

Re: October 2020 Bird's Nest

I can't say I watched a single one of these movies all the way through yesterday.  This is what the movies channel (via antenna) was showing.  As my Ma would say - it was about outta space Heart

Village of the Damned and it's sequel Children of the Damned

The Picture of Dorian Gray - not space related

Forbidden Planet

The Thing from Another World

Them!

Song of Kong - I don't watch Kong movies period because they bother me.  None of the Kongs asked to be captured and put on display so when the humans do that and then turn on the Kongs I get upset, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I can't say I watched a single one of these movies all the way through yesterday.  This is what the movies channel (via antenna) was showing.  As my Ma would say - it was about outta space Heart

Village of the Damned and it's sequel Children of the Damned

The Picture of Dorian Gray - not space related

Forbidden Planet

The Thing from Another World

Them!

Song of Kong - I don't watch Kong movies period because they bother me.  None of the Kongs asked to be captured and put on display so when the humans do that and then turn on the Kongs I get upset, lol.

@Bird mama   Son of Kong. Smiley Happy  So ypu get the Movies channel without being on cable?

Honored Contributor

Ooops @mousiegirl   Yea I meant to write Son of Kong.

Yea, I don't have cable but I do get the Movies Channel and This TV (powered by MGM).  Actually I preferred This TV before it was powered by MGM Woman Tongue

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Ooops @mousiegirl   Yea I meant to write Son of Kong.

Yea, I don't have cable but I do get the Movies Channel and This TV (powered by MGM).  Actually I preferred This TV before it was powered by MGM Woman Tongue

@Bird mama   I have never heard of this TV, but I only recently discovered that I get Decades and METV.  I used to get it, then thought it left, but the channel numbers changed and I didn't know it, so am having fun between these channels, and watch Movies also, especially the Film Noir Thursdays.

Respected Contributor

Re: @Re: October 2020 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl 

It sounds like you have had some nasty falls.  Thank goodness you were able to get yourself up.  I was saying ouch as I read your post.  Please be careful!

I often trip over my own feet.  I use to have great balance but have found that as I get older it is not so good anymore.  My sis told me about an exercise to do for that.  Her FIL was having troubles with his balance and he was at the time in Physical Therapy.  She said to stand in a corner of a room and take one steep out from the corner and keeping your feet together close your eyes and stand for a long as you can.  I do find that it helps. 

@Bird mama 

My husband would love watching the movies that you have been watching. I will have to remind him to check out what is on the TV this month.  He loves anything spooky!  This sure is the month for spooky movies.  Enjoy your movies!

We had a beautiful day here yesterday and today it is to be a lot warmer but back to cool at night.  Rain this Friday into Saturday.  I sure do hope that it does rain because we still are in a drought.

I made out the grocery list for the next 3 weeks and my husband will be going either early this morning or on Friday morning.  I sure do miss grocery shopping.

Spoke to my Gastro doctors office yesterday and I will be starting Stelara soon.  The first time is an infusion and after that every 8 weeks is a needle that they teach you to do yourself.  Hmmm, not too happy about needles but at least I will not have to go to a medical place for infusions anymore.  I did not feel comfortable going there with the virus going on.

Have been seeing a lot more birds around lately.  I can't wait until we can put up the bird feeders so we can enjoy watching all the birds. Now I just sprinkle seeds on the ground and peanuts for the squirrels. 

Honored Contributor

hey all

luvs have seen that stellara advertised but can't remember what it was for, so many products come and go forget names and what they do for each aliment

mousie wow you have had some bad spills, we ain't as young as we use to be, need more help with our balance, I fell the other night in the bedroom, plain lost my balance and down i went, boy was i sore in the morn.

busy day yesterday didn't post yesterday

birdmama, am going on Kong's next both of the movies, watched the Shrills or something like, plain horrid acting with a scripts as bad as the movie, it was so bad, i skipped ahead (fast forward) to near end. I did like Them, Jim Arness acted horrible in that movie, so stiff.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

luvs have seen that stellara advertised but can't remember what it was for, so many products come and go forget names and what they do for each aliment

mousie wow you have had some bad spills, we ain't as young as we use to be, need more help with our balance, I fell the other night in the bedroom, plain lost my balance and down i went, boy was i sore in the morn.

busy day yesterday didn't post yesterday

birdmama, am going on Kong's next both of the movies, watched the Shrills or something like, plain horrid acting with a scripts as bad as the movie, it was so bad, i skipped ahead (fast forward) to near end. I did like Them, Jim Arness acted horrible in that movie, so stiff.

ok guys later.

@viva923   I am sorry to hear about your fall.  I knew a Norwegian woman long ago, and she told me of a saying her Mother used, "It's drit to be gummel," i. e. "it's s--t to be old," lol, and now I use that saying whenever one of us falls or something else happens.

Do yoiu have SYFY and AMC channels?  If so, In October they run spooky and/or horror movies.  Don't ever watch any of the Wrong Turn movies, the most horrifying I have ever seen. The Movies channel, as @birdmama said, also runs them, though not every day, they are more spooky than horror movies.

Honored Contributor

hey there

Mousie, get both the channels. Will have to check the channels out. Sci-fy dh watches that a whole lot, me not very often. 

wrong turn movies, what are those?? Was that a series??

have to get moving, walking time is here

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@viva923 wrote:

hey there

Mousie, get both the channels. Will have to check the channels out. Sci-fy dh watches that a whole lot, me not very often. 

wrong turn movies, what are those?? Was that a series??

have to get moving, walking time is here

ok guys later

@viva923   Yes, Wrong Turn has four or five movies, I believe.  Wrong Turn2 is what I saw first, shocking, gross and disgusting, and one really feels the horror that is happening to the victims

Respected Contributor

@viva923 

I have Ulcerative Colitis and Crohns Disease.  Nothing seems to work anymore so am hoping the Stelara will work for me.

I know exactly what you mean about bad spills.  I fall and get mad at myself.  You are right we just ain't as young as we used to be!

I love that you walk a lot.  Seems to be the best thing for us.