Honored Contributor

Re: October 2020 Bird's Nest

@viva923  I'll see you the grade F movie Tarantula and raise you this grade F+ movie that I came across on TV this morning.

A Feud For The Ages: Billy The Kid Vs. Dracula – COMICON

After I said my prayers this morning I turned on the TV and said, oooh I wonder if there are any scary movies on.  When I landed on this I said Jesus, Mary and Joseph and started laughing.  It was ridiculous.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

birdmama, i did see that movie, it was laughable funny,it was badly made.

not much today, did monday chores, did get both walks in,

rained all day, this storm system won't be out of here till tomorrow night. It is very chilly today and tonight.

not much else, later guys

Honored Contributor

bird mama 

watching night of the lepus, LOL movie. Another 10 cent made movie.

Respected Contributor

Re: @Re: October 2020 Bird's Nest

@mousiegirl 

my BIL had a hip replacement today and will be home tomorrow......Tues.  He has a little weight on him so am curious to see what exercises they give him.  He is only having PT at home and may not have to go to PT after that.  I am amazed at how far they have come pertaining to hip replacements. 

I am with you......I can get down on the floor but cannot get up.

Last night I had to change the AC to heat so one of the vents in our bedroom is right under my side of the bed.  I am ok with AC but cannot take the heat so off I go.......my husband was already in bed and asleep......down I go to reach under the bed to close the vent and then remembered how difficult it is for me to get up.  I was in the dark and got my arm stuck under the bed and my head stuck between the night stand and the bed.  I took a deep breath remembering not to make a sound so as not to wake up my husband and got un stuck and got on to my knees and got up.  After that I was in a lot of pain.  At least I got the vent closed.....lol.  Now I just hope that I do not need to turn on the AC until next Spring/Summer.  If so I will not be doing that again...lol. 

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

@mousiegirl 

my BIL had a hip replacement today and will be home tomorrow......Tues.  He has a little weight on him so am curious to see what exercises they give him.  He is only having PT at home and may not have to go to PT after that.  I am amazed at how far they have come pertaining to hip replacements. 

I am with you......I can get down on the floor but cannot get up.

Last night I had to change the AC to heat so one of the vents in our bedroom is right under my side of the bed.  I am ok with AC but cannot take the heat so off I go.......my husband was already in bed and asleep......down I go to reach under the bed to close the vent and then remembered how difficult it is for me to get up.  I was in the dark and got my arm stuck under the bed and my head stuck between the night stand and the bed.  I took a deep breath remembering not to make a sound so as not to wake up my husband and got un stuck and got on to my knees and got up.  After that I was in a lot of pain.  At least I got the vent closed.....lol.  Now I just hope that I do not need to turn on the AC until next Spring/Summer.  If so I will not be doing that again...lol. 

@luvsbulldogs   Oh no, lol, glad you were able to get up.  I have a bad right knee due to a fall earlier this year, which is why I am unable to get up, unless I have something nearby to help pull me up, which has happened twice this year in the garden, used two enormous pots to grab and pull myself up, horrible experience.  I am thinking of getting a Life Alert or something similar to carry outside, they could call DH on his phone and he would then come to me. 

He is so hard of hearing, even with aids, that my yelling he would not hear, learned that in March when I fell badly in the kitchen, even pounded on the door, but he was down the hall in bed, door closed.  I think the Life Alert could be worn around a neck, that is what I would need, my phone is too big for my pocket, and would get dirty.

I bought a nice cushy pad for when I have to kneel, but of course it is never near where I fall, and it wouldn't help with the one knee.  I swear that I could trip over an ant, lol.

After over a week of cooler weather, it is hearing up again into the high eighties, but no nineties, thank goodness.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today

still very overcast cloudy and cool. oopened up the windows for a bit to air out the house

not much else. will check in later

Honored Contributor

hey all

just a quick check in, not much else, did sewing this afternoon,not sure if i like what i did let me sleep on it.

not much else, tomorrow guys

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl 

I too have a bad right knee and think it is arthritis.  Between the bad back and the sciatica I should know better than toy do what I did with the vent but hate sleeping in a warm room so I paid the price. Had the heat on today and tonight after some much needed rain the temps went up and it is warm in here again but I am not opening the vent this time.  We have one more vent in the room so I will just put the AC on and deal with one vent. 

My husband is hard of hearing too and I would be in the same situation as you are if I fell.  I never thought of the Life Alert, what a great idea!  We have a finished basement and then on the side that is not finished we store food items and paper goods.  I often go down there late at night and my husband is fast asleep and if I fell down the stairs he would not hear me.  He does not bring his phone into the bedroom.  Also we are not use to neighbors so have one of those sleep sound thingys and it is on full blast so even if his phone was in the room he would not hear it.  

It sounds like your weather is up and down too.  I wish mother nature would make up her mind.

Be careful not to fall.  I think the key with me is I seem to always be rushing and then I trip or fall.  I need to slow done. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

@mousiegirl 

I too have a bad right knee and think it is arthritis.  Between the bad back and the sciatica I should know better than toy do what I did with the vent but hate sleeping in a warm room so I paid the price. Had the heat on today and tonight after some much needed rain the temps went up and it is warm in here again but I am not opening the vent this time.  We have one more vent in the room so I will just put the AC on and deal with one vent. 

My husband is hard of hearing too and I would be in the same situation as you are if I fell.  I never thought of the Life Alert, what a great idea!  We have a finished basement and then on the side that is not finished we store food items and paper goods.  I often go down there late at night and my husband is fast asleep and if I fell down the stairs he would not hear me.  He does not bring his phone into the bedroom.  Also we are not use to neighbors so have one of those sleep sound thingys and it is on full blast so even if his phone was in the room he would not hear it.  

It sounds like your weather is up and down too.  I wish mother nature would make up her mind.

Be careful not to fall.  I think the key with me is I seem to always be rushing and then I trip or fall.  I need to slow done. 

@luvsbulldogs   Exactly!  Rushing is why I fall.  I forget my age, and begin running, not watching the floor, and trip or catch my foot in something, and the rest is history.  I have been trying to slow down, and walk methodically, when I can remember, lol, as I think at times my feet get lazy which might also contribute to falls.

Several months after the March fall, the worst I have had, I was walking down the hall, briskly, and when I got to the door of the room I wanted to enter, I felt my heels give way, and flat down I went, onto my left arm.  My right side hit a table leg, so had a long, large bruise on my ribs for a while.  I was amazed there was room for me to fall into the room due to the table and a storage container on the other side.  There was even a non skid mat at the door entrance, but my heels were on the hardwood floor.

If we move, there will be no stairs.  Here, there are stairs, fourteen to go downstairs, great exercise, but I have already fallen, face down, on them, but was able to turn a bit sideways and reach my arm around to grab onto the railing to pull myself up.  I couldn't do that now as my left arm is painful, still, from the March fall, and the left not as bad from another fall, then it was injured again in the March fall, but not painful now, but it took two years for it to recover.

I create landmines all over the house, which I am trying lately to obliterate.  I never thought I would be one to fall as having been a dancer, I consider myself to have great muscle tone and balance, but every once in a while, I do lose some balance.  DH does exercises for this.  He told me he falls when he is tired, so we have learned to pace ourselves with the many chores around here, especially in the garden.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@viva923  I'll see you the grade F movie Tarantula and raise you this grade F+ movie that I came across on TV this morning.

A Feud For The Ages: Billy The Kid Vs. Dracula – COMICON

After I said my prayers this morning I turned on the TV and said, oooh I wonder if there are any scary movies on.  When I landed on this I said Jesus, Mary and Joseph and started laughing.  It was ridiculous.

@Bird mama   I thought Tarantula was good, except that I don't like those critters.  How about the Colossal Man, love Them, lots more but can't think of the names.  I have never hears of the Billy the Kid movie, but I would pass on that one, lol.