Trusted Contributor

Re: October 2020 Back Fence

[ Edited ]

well the news about our niece keeps getting worse. Her surgery is called a LVAD. It's a mechanical device which keeps the left ventricle pumping. It is used sometimes to keep pts. Alive while waiting for a heart transplant,or can be permanent. The battery is outside the body through a tube in the abdomen. This is sooo serious! she is only 55 yrs. Her other uncle said it is touch and go at this point. If you are so inclined please pray,or send good thoughts to her,her family. 😢forgot to mention her name is Colleen,born on St .Patricks day 💕

Honored Contributor

hey all

Epi, oh my, so sorry to hear the news isn't good with your niece. all one can do is wait and watch. will send prayers  your way.

it is super duper heavy rain for next 24 hours. under flood watch here. we are water logged from all the rain making events we have had over the past few weeks.

did get my walk in this morn, was soaked when i got back home,just changed into dry duds.

temps are crashing too. a cold front is also barreling in from NW bring very cold air our way too, temps to crash by afternoon into low 50;s.

ok guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

Betty @yock  I'm so glad that your insurance provided such good coverage during Merle's illness.  I can't believe that he's been in heaven for 5 months either.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   I've been praying for your niece since you first mentioned what happened.  I'm so sorry that she and your family are going through this.

Honored Contributor

So my hardheaded sister decided to hang her painted cabinet doors on her own last night.  It runs in the family Woman Very Happy  I think I mentioned back in August that she ordered a stove from Home Depot and it was damaged when it arrived so she had the delivery people take it back.  She wanted to re-order it for delivery in October and Home Depot said, no no no we can't go that far out with delivery, we have to refund you. 

Ugh.  So she ordered the stove she really wanted from Home Depot a couple of weeks ago.  She's got today and Monday off of work and the stove was delivered about an hour ago and she's thrilled!!!

Sweetest Day is a regional holiday in some states and Michigan is one of them.  Tomorrow is sweetest day and I usually buy something for my sister.  I've been avoiding non essential stores so I'm going to pick up her favorite pizza, cheesy brand and a salad and take it over to see her new stove and kitchen improvements (painted cabinets, wallpaper in some areas) in a couple of hours.

It's the little things.

Trusted Contributor

Re: October 2020 Back Fence

[ Edited ]

Colleen made it through surgery,now we wait. The only other option would be a heart transplant 

Honored Contributor

hey all

Epi, one step at a time. Good your niece made it thru surg. Now wait and see what happens.

not much this afternoon, still raining, getting colder and wind is starting to pick up our NW. getting colder

not much else, later guys

Respected Contributor

Yesterday was suppose to be the last day for this year with temps over 10Re: October 2020 Back Fence

Yesterday was suppose to be the last day this year with temps over 100. Sure hope so, it has been so miserable with the heat and all the smoke from the many fires here. Enough please.

But there is always a price to pay. LOL. Days just shrunk pretty darn fast. Still dark this morning at 6, and dark last night at 6. Really prefer longer days. Sigh. Am not a night person I guess.

Davey is here helping me with some things to put in the dumpster. Wish I could do more myself but those days are gone. Certainly appreciate his  help.

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

did both walks

very cool outside but much warmer this afternoon than this morn walk. Neighbor lady told me this morn frost tonight, have not watched local weather a couple days

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

I usually get up some time between 6 and 7 am and it's weird to get up at that time and be in the dark.  I'm moving around the house before my birds are which is saying something.