Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

did chores, 

got my bread maker from kohl's today went to special store in my town to pick up my gluten free flour, going to try my hand atmaking my bread will i be a succes will see

had my facial today. OK later guys

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much tonight, watching my favorite sitcom Coach, loved that show.

not much else, tomorrow all guys

Trusted Contributor

Happy Birthday, Epi’s daughter.  

Im headed for bed. Windy here today but very mild.  Dealer came out to take the tractor in for checkup. My neighbor uses it to mow his lawn and mine which are adjoining.  It’s a mutual  benefit to both of us.   Well the battery wouldn’t turn. Over. Luckily  they had one with them.  Off they went. I had loaded a load of clothes.  Went to bathroom and the toilet went glug.   .  Oh no. Checked the other two, they were all bubbling.  Get on the phone and call the plumber who has been here twice.  We  are two weeks out they say. Listen, I can’t wait two weeks.  Called a sewer service company. He could come Monday what’s the matter with these people. I’m in distress.   Finally called rotarooter. They came in 30 minutes. So there I wax with a tractor a trailer and rotorooter truck out in front of my house.   

The trailer went on his way  and IN another ú 30 minutes the drain was clear.  I thought it would be roots but he said it was a soft clog. It’s nust me here so i don’t know about that  that was $274.    Believe me I would have paid him double.  After he left I rushed into bathroom.  Couldn’t go at all. But at least the toilet flushed.  

then the doorbell rang and it was the tree arborer I hired to save  Merles favorite Japanese maple. He was just crawling back into truck.  I’m slower getting the door than I used to be. Another $150.    Interesting to watch him deep drill holes all around the tree several times til he was as wide as rhe tree. No guarantees. But hope it works.  I had planned to wash windows in sunroom but was plain tuckered out from straw bossing.  This stretched over several hours. 

Tomorrow another consultation on blinds.  I keep forgetting to not turn on Lights when Im Dressing   Talk about a horror movie. Sone of those people might wreck their cars.  

Tomorrow another adventure.  

Trusted Contributor

thanks you lovely ladies for DD'S birthday wishes. It's tough having your child turn 50. We had a nice dinner. Always a good time W/her and her hubby.

Respected Contributor

Happy late "BD Epi's daughter. Wait until grands turn 50 - trust me, that is really bothersome. LOL

Betty you had your share of stuff - I think you must be kin to me and we just did not know it. Roto Rooter is always the life saver when it comes to toilets.  Always pricey, but they work.I never have thought that plumbers wanted to work on toilets. LOL.I will keep my fingers crossed for the tree.  

Another very chilly morning but will not stay this way all day. Speaking of days, they are getting shorter and shorter by the minute. That drives me nuts.

Hope all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

Betty @yock   I've been there when it's just one thing after the other and you just wanna throw your hands up in the air and ask What Next? except you don't wanna temp fate.  I hope you were able to get some sleep last night.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I subbed 3 days this past week and was so tired that I thought I would have  no problem sleeping but when I went to bed, I was instart alert. After 4 consecutive good night's sleep, last night ruined that record. It was restless and off and on dozing with a total of 4 hours of sleep.

The birds were clustered around the feeder, so I thought I would get a good pic of them. The minute I got close to the window, they took off. Not to give up, a couple of hours later, I tried again...and failed again.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

hey all

Yock i have had to use roto rooter several times over the years, soft clogs the last 2 times, 1st time was a major clog that cost us near $1000 bucks, sometime set up in the drain out of our house that leads into direct line to street sewer,it hardened like concrete and it was a mess,but roto did it and got clog cleared. am now useing only 1 ply toilet paper Scotts is the best for that, scotts 1ply, keeps the toilet from clogging.

did many chores, did walk have next walk to go on. ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

I use cottonelle toilet paper.  I was raised a Northern girl but they started adding perfumes or something and I had to quit them. 

I had an epiphany a couple of years ago when one day I looked at how much toilet paper I wrapped around my hand and all I had done was pee.  I said, for heaven's sake Bernie why in the heck are you using so much paper for THAT.  

I think part of it was the really cheap toilet paper they had at work.  You really did need to use alot and once I was home and retired with a better quality of toilet paper I realized it wasn't necessary.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hello all

just a quick stop in, not much here tonight.

went to sit on friends deck and talked for about an hour. Came home and took my shower. Smelled like a cig. She smokes like a chimney but she is such a wonderful friend.

not much else guys. Tomorrow all