Honored Contributor

Re: OUR FIRST DINNER OUT SINCE LAST MARCH!

@lovesrecess wrote:

Good for you! Happy someone is getting out there and enjoying the warmer weather and I am so anxious to eat out again. Is the restaurant a local or a chain? I am so tired of take-out...and it would be so nice to be waited on! Our favorite Mexican place doesn't sell churros...just sopapillas with ice cream and caramel sauce....🤗

@lovesrecess   Thanks. The restaurant is in the outdoor portion of our mall. I think there are others on he east coast...If a chain, not sure it's very large. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

We never stopped eating out, we eat out at least once a week.  We eat outside, when weather permits but also have been eating inside too.  The only time we didn't eat out is when all the restaurants were closed in March-May last year.  I've been getting my hair done, getting pedicures too.  I wear my mask and just keep going.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus so things are starting to go back to normal. I'm not eligible yet for the vaccination but I hope to get inside a restaurant by mid May.

Super Contributor

Haven't been in  a restaurant since Feb/Mar 2020 either. Just haven't felt comfortable because of our health issues. Your post gives me the incentive to want to try it. hubby got his dose one and finally the second, two weeks ago. i got my first, two weeks ago . Scheduled for the second dose on the 22nd of march. We're thinking 2 or 3 weeks after it, we might try eating out again. your description of your experience brightened my day. thanks for posting it. 

Respected Contributor

You are being careful and considerate. YOu are respectful to the staff. Most people are not! I won't eat in a restaurant but, we have eaten outside but only at a restaurant which had individual pods. We, too, wore a mask unless we are actually eating. I noticed that no one else was and I felt that it was extremely selfish. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like you had a great time. It's good to get back to doing things we enjoy. 

We have been eating out once or twice a week ever since the restaurants have been open.  Our situation is a little different.  We know and have friends who run and work the restaurant we frequent most often.  They run a very tight ship.  We get there as soon as the doors open at 11:00 am and sit in the bar area.  The bar had no stools set up because it had been closed down. Because we get there before the noon rush.... we are almost always  the only ones in that room! 

Everyone wears masks and if anyone "forgets" they immediately call them out.  I got called out once (very early on) because I was on my way to the restroom and totally forgot my mask.  They called me by name and said....get your mask on!  After that I never forgot again.  It made us feel safe to go back again and I was glad they said something. It showed that they meant business!!