Honored Contributor

OUR FIRST DINNER OUT SINCE LAST MARCH!

Yes, it happened. We both have been vacciniated and felt more brave than we should. We did our homework and checked our old haunts to see who had tables far apart and outdoor dining. Saturday ngiht was 70 degrees and beautiful at 6PM. Our favorite Mexican restaurant has always had patio tables and we reverved a table. OMG! someone waited on ME! I didn't have to cook. 

Guacamole, chips and salsa (guacamole made table side) was there first. DH and I shared a giant strawberrry margurita...knew they were in giant glasses and wanted to be awake for the rest of my meal. LOL.

We shared steak fajitas for 2 w/ all the fixins'. I forgot my napkin was wrapped around my utensils...a year is a loooong time. My wait person kindly pointed out the location of my napkin. IN my defense, it was getting dark and the napkins were black. Smiley Happy We were too full for dessert but I spotted Charros (sp?) on the menu and love those....maybe next time won't be such a piggie with the chips and salsa. 

I did feel safe. Kept my mask on until served and put it back on to watch the tortillas go down the conveyor belt and drop to the bottom to be stacked into baskets....Yep, just me watching with 2 kids about 5 yrs. old, but always have to watch this. One of the high points of this restaurant's experience. 

Honored Contributor

Re: OUR FIRST DINNER OUT SINCE LAST MARCH!

@Shanus That sounds so fun! I LOVE churros! When I lived in So. Cal. we'd often go to the Redondo Beach pier where there is a little bitty shop that sells only the BEST churros I've ever had! Can't find those here in WA state, sadly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Shanus That sounds so fun! I LOVE churros! When I lived in So. Cal. we'd often go to the Redondo Beach pier where there is a little bitty shop that sells only the BEST churros I've ever had! Can't find those here in WA state, sadly.

@Love my grandkids   I stand corrected...churros. I thinks Charro was was the blonde, dancer/singer (?). LOL

DD moved to WA from the east coast 4 years ago and besides hating the constant rain, says there are few chain restaurants...msotly privately owned which makes dining out expensive for them. She lives in Sammamish (ever heard of it?)...and would have to go into Seattle for a good dining experience other than pizza and sushi. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Yes, she was married to Xavier Cugat.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

LOL! Yep, that's her!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, I can't imagine not eating in a restaurant for a year. We've been eating inside since early last year. We dine in at least once a week. Of course you can't expect people to eat outside in Arizona in the summer any more than you can expect people to eat outside in winter in New York. Glad you enjoyed your dinner and have many more to come. 

Respected Contributor

Sounds fantastic. We rarely ate out before all this so we have not been out to eat at all since it started. I don't think you're braver than you should be. There should be some things you feel more comfortable doing after having been vaccinated. I believe some of the so called experts need to stop telling people they still have to act the same after getting the vaccine. Some people will think why bother get it if nothing changes for them. 

Honored Contributor

We never stopped eating out, either takeout when everyting was closed, and then inside.  I do carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer spray that I can spray on the table if I want.  

I guess I don't understand the hesitation since it seems you apply makeup to people on a regular basis.  Can't get much closer than that.  

Respected Contributor

We eat out regularly, never stopped. I always carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer too. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty   Our state had mandated closed restaurants/bars for indoor dining for over 8-9 months and then opened for 15% capacity. Now up to 25%-30%.