Honored Contributor

Re: OUR DADS: WHY WE LOVE (LOVED) THEM

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@Shanus

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_INI7NYZVDc/UbzmI3Jw0fI/AAAAAAAAA6s/Jod_c7YNIT0/s1600/DAD+in+living+memory+of+you.jpg

@AnikaBrodie  That’s beautiful. Thank you. 💕

Frequent Contributor

@Shanus Wow. We just spoke on a previous post this morning. And then I stumble across this post. Tears in my eyes the entire time reading it.

I too lost my father to cancer, 3 years ago this August. I was a Daddy’s Girl as well, through and through. 

Wishing you peace and love for this upcoming Father’s Day 

Honored Contributor

@Smc09 wrote:

@Shanus Wow. We just spoke on a previous post this morning. And then I stumble across this post. Tears in my eyes the entire time reading it.

I too lost my father to cancer, 3 years ago this August. I was a Daddy’s Girl as well, through and through. 

Wishing you peace and love for this upcoming Father’s Day 

@Smc09  Wishing you peace, as well. We often find common threads in our lives. 😘

Honored Contributor

For all of us. We have God’s promise that we will be together again.

D9152B9D-F0B0-4545-A953-507E725E1763.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@Shanus Your piece about your father is so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes.  Thank you for sharing such a loving story. 

My birth father died before I was one year old, so I when I think of my dad it is my stepfather.  Bless that man as he tok on a life with a widow who already had three children, and he loved and cared for each and every one of us for the rest of his life.  May he rest in peace and I am eternally grateful for his love of being my Daddy. 

@Trix  He indeed sounds like a special Dad.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

picgifs-thank-you-5603949.gif

Honored Contributor

My father's been gone 38 years.  I remember best his sense of humor which I hope I've inherited a bit of.  

Honored Contributor

My father passed away in 1965 at the age of 51.  His life is still remembered as one filled with much kindness and generosity toward all.  Perhaps the greatest gift he gave to me is the gift of having friends.  I remember him always being surrounded by wonderful fun loving friends who would visit and spend time with us.  As a young girl I would  be so happy when I knew my father's friend or friends would be coming over or we visiting them.

I have been blessed by the same, I have many close long term friends who are there for support, fun and help in good and bad times. I cannot imagine my life without them.  For this I thank my father, for I know I wanted to have the type of friends he had.  I learned to have friends you have to be a friend and my father was a true friend to all.

Happy Father's Day to those who have passed and to all who are here.

Honored Contributor

My father passed away in 2009.  He suffered from COPD and congestive heart failure.  He was in and out of the hospital during the last year.  I think of him when I have a problem and need help.  He always solved all my problems.  We are able to laugh at times.  In his later years, he used duct tape to fix things.  When I visit my mother, she will have a list of things that need to be fixed.  I'll say, let me get the duct tape and we laugh.  I will always miss my father.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1. Sorry for the recent loss of your Mom. Losing our parents is inevitable, but doesn’t lessen our pain. Hang in there. 💗