Contributor

Re: OPINIONS ON HAIRDRESSER SITUATION

I agree

Honored Contributor

I don't really like my stylist. Our personalities just don't click.She is always asking a lot of personal questions etc. I'm not looking for a girlfriend - just a haircut. I do love how she listens to what I say I'd like my hair cut  and cuts my hair exactly as I want. For that reason I put up with her, try to be polite, answer all her probing questions with as brief an answer as possible. It is so difficult to find someone who cuts your hair well.

Honored Contributor

Time to find another stylist, look at it as a new adventure.  Evidently your now stylist is not interested in her job anymore or pleasing her customers, so I would not worry about it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These days, every business by appointment tries to squeeze the maximum number of bodies through the door as possible and at the same time they try to give everyone the service they want.   You can't have both without causing people to wait.

I've made my peace with it.  For my salon appointments, I try not to do everything on the same appointment because it makes for a very long day and if one service is backed up, all of the following services are backed up and then they're rushed and I get a rushed manicure.

Part of the salon experience is the relaxing nature of it.  If you don't look forward to it and you aren't enjoying it, it's time to move on.

We are very lucky these days to have things like Yelp that help us find new places to try.  If you're lucky, you will have good reviews in your area to help guide you to what you want.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN