Honored Contributor

Re: OPINIONS ON HAIRDRESSER SITUATION

Depending on where you live

there may be many hair places,

I tried some out using Groupon for blowouts, it's a way to feel out a salon on the cheap. 

then just use the web to  review salons near you

funny thing I was going to check out a place but discovered the colorist I am using now was also on staff there once/week....

Honored Contributor

OP I feel your pain! Years ago I had a great stylist that did my hair. She was a wonder! But she would stroll in hours late. Therefore having a waiting room full of customers. I remember, once, having a morning appt and leaving in the middle of the afternoon. When I checked out, the associate at the front desk kiddingly said to me "Thanks for spending the day with us!" That was it! I found another (great) stylist and was so happy I changed. Having the same stylist since the mid 2000's is stifling your look I feel! Move on, find another person that will know the fresher and more stylish ways to do your hair. This is a blessing in disguise for you. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

After several disappointments, I went to Supercuts on the advice of a friend. I found a stylist I love (DH goes to same lady) and have with her for about 4 years maybe longer. She has been to two locations and we follow. At SC you don't have appts but that's fine with me I've learned when to go in.

Honored Contributor

I cut my own hair now... but when I use to go to get my hair trimmed up every 6 or so weeks years ago,... I was always on time... and  my hairdresser was always on time.... so maybe this is some new millennium thing not being on time. 

Super Contributor

My hairdresser is always late.  I have the first appointment on Saturday at 8AM and she is never on time.  In the past I have made appointments later in the day and it never worked out - someone ahead of me always messes up..  Still like her though but it's always a struggle and continues to be...

Valued Contributor

Again, thanks for the feedback  Looking now for a new hairdresser

Honored Contributor

@LexPex wrote:

Again, thanks for the feedback  Looking now for a new hairdresser

good for you,  you can try what I did ....Groupon for an inexpensive try out and just look online for reviews and info on the salons

How many of us would still have a job anywhere being late to our employer 90% of the time !!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am someone who is almost never late for anything.  I agree with the wag who once said that "being late is a hostile act."  I have little patience for lateness.  I usually try to get the first appointment of the day - for doctors, hairdressers etc - in order to avoild their being tied up with others who were either late or who need more time than was allotted for their appointment.  Doesn't always work, but does most of the time.

I think it's hard to complain about lateness when you are also guilty of it.  Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

Change is good no matter the reason. Going the same way, to the same places, seeing the same people puts you in a rut and makes you old. If I'm spending my money, I don't wait. Someone new may be better or not but at least it will be a new experience.

Contributor

I would move on to a new hair dresser. You don't owe any explanations to anyone. I have changed hair stylists throughout the years. Just do it, and what a relief. Some say changing a hair dresser is more stressful than a break up from a partner. But when you do, its a relief. We pay a lot money to have someone style our hair, but if the relationship is over, its over. No regrets