Trusted Contributor

Re: ONE THING I CANT STAND TO SEE.......

Since I oversee 100+ franchised restaurants, I would definitely suggest emailing or calling the corporate headquarters.  When customers call with those kind of things, the first thing I have to do is go to the store and do a food safety inspection.  That should help the location get into a better place.   Most fast food / QSRs are franchised, so they would have a process like that. 

Frequent Contributor

Does anyone remember the commercial with the catch line "Where's the beef???"  I had that same thing happen to me at Denny's 20 yrs. ago.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

It's probably just like that at many "nice" restaurants......we just don't see it. Such risks just comes with eating out---anywhere.

I used to work waitressing several years back and OMG you would not believe what goes on and these were not fast food.  One time a cook dropped a scoop of tunafish on the filthy kitchen floor and he picked it back up and put it on the order.

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   I have gone online to a few different restaurant and fast food chains to complain.  None of them have ever called me back or contacted me in any way.  Sometimes you just have to scream.

@luvmybeetle 

Even if you didn't hear back, let's hope your comments were cause for concern and investigation.  

Honored Contributor

Many of the same people who frequent restaurants discard gifts of homemade food, throwing it in with the garbage. 

Honored Contributor

Give us the name of the restaurant so we can avoid it.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
@Janey2,I think tomorrow I will call and ask to speak to a manager

Why?????   Do you think he or she doesn't know about the conditions of the restaurant he or she manages?  

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Many of the same people who frequent restaurants discard gifts of homemade food, throwing it in with the garbage. 

@occasionalrain 

Really?  Is this mere speculation or do you have a verifiable source for this?   

Trusted Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  What restaurant was this?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

When gifts are discussed on the BB there are posters who discourage giving homemade cookies, cakes, breads...because, while they appreciate the thought, not knowing the cleanliness of their kitchen or food handling, they throw them out. Any long term poster should know.