Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,703
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Wow, what a story!   It's just insane that she kept getting back in the car and driving.  It's also kind of wacky that Animal Control was unable to get the snake out of the vehicle.   That just blows my mind.   That part is kind of upsetting.

 

I had a bee in my car one time and I got out and walked away.   I didn't walk away from my car permanently, of course.  But I was not getting back in the car until the bee was gone for sure, at the hand of somebody other than me.   Bees are what terrify me! 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,384
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
Awe. Poor snake.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,546
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@chickenbutt wrote:

Wow, what a story!   It's just insane that she kept getting back in the car and driving.  It's also kind of wacky that Animal Control was unable to get the snake out of the vehicle.   That just blows my mind.   That part is kind of upsetting.

 

I had a bee in my car one time and I got out and walked away.   I didn't walk away from my car permanently, of course.  But I was not getting back in the car until the bee was gone for sure, at the hand of somebody other than me.   Bees are what terrify me! 


@chickenbutt

 

Excuse me? Woman Wink

 

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,703
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@just bee wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Wow, what a story!   It's just insane that she kept getting back in the car and driving.  It's also kind of wacky that Animal Control was unable to get the snake out of the vehicle.   That just blows my mind.   That part is kind of upsetting.

 

I had a bee in my car one time and I got out and walked away.   I didn't walk away from my car permanently, of course.  But I was not getting back in the car until the bee was gone for sure, at the hand of somebody other than me.   Bees are what terrify me! 


@chickenbutt

 

Excuse me? Woman Wink

 


 

Took me a second!   Smiley Wink

 

Well, not ALL bees!  Smiley Happy  Just those little buzzy ones.  They will put me in shock in a hot second.  Skeery!  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,168
Registered: ‎03-21-2010

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

No way could I have got back into that car!!


I would have.  People have a morbid fear of snakes driven through out time from the bible till today.  I visited a snake farm as a child and held them.  There is nothing slippery or slithery about them. I hate rodents and they do eat them. I would have had animal control get it out certainly.  But I would not die of a heart attack over them. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,546
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@chickenbutt wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Wow, what a story!   It's just insane that she kept getting back in the car and driving.  It's also kind of wacky that Animal Control was unable to get the snake out of the vehicle.   That just blows my mind.   That part is kind of upsetting.

 

I had a bee in my car one time and I got out and walked away.   I didn't walk away from my car permanently, of course.  But I was not getting back in the car until the bee was gone for sure, at the hand of somebody other than me.   Bees are what terrify me! 


@chickenbutt

 

Excuse me? Woman Wink

 


 

Took me a second!   Smiley Wink

 

Well, not ALL bees!  Smiley Happy  Just those little buzzy ones.  They will put me in shock in a hot second.  Skeery!  Smiley Very Happy


@chickenbutt

 

I had a swarm in my front yard a couple weeks ago.  I was just out there puttering and didn't really notice one of my rose bushes was covered with bees until I walked through the swarm to turn off the hose.

 

They ignored me.  I was grateful. 

 

Later in the day Better-half saw them fly over the backyard and away.

 

I'm assuming I'm not allergic, but I've never been stung.  My fear?  Peanut allergy.  I can't even imagine!  I eat Skippy creamy every day.  Life without it would be grim.

 

But life without bees would be no life at all.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,703
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@just bee wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Wow, what a story!   It's just insane that she kept getting back in the car and driving.  It's also kind of wacky that Animal Control was unable to get the snake out of the vehicle.   That just blows my mind.   That part is kind of upsetting.

 

I had a bee in my car one time and I got out and walked away.   I didn't walk away from my car permanently, of course.  But I was not getting back in the car until the bee was gone for sure, at the hand of somebody other than me.   Bees are what terrify me! 


@chickenbutt

 

Excuse me? Woman Wink

 


 

Took me a second!   Smiley Wink

 

Well, not ALL bees!  Smiley Happy  Just those little buzzy ones.  They will put me in shock in a hot second.  Skeery!  Smiley Very Happy


@chickenbutt

 

I had a swarm in my front yard a couple weeks ago.  I was just out there puttering and didn't really notice one of my rose bushes was covered with bees until I walked through the swarm to turn off the hose.

 

They ignored me.  I was grateful. 

 

Later in the day Better-half saw them fly over the backyard and away.

 

I'm assuming I'm not allergic, but I've never been stung.  My fear?  Peanut allergy.  I can't even imagine!  I eat Skippy creamy every day.  Life without it would be grim.

 

But life without bees would be no life at all.


 

Well, my little bee friend, the only part you got wrong is that it's Jif Creamy.   Smiley Very Happy

 

But, seriously, I know that bees are very necessary.   I just need for them to leave me a wide berth cuz they're scary.   Used to dive with sharks.  They don't scare me.  Bees - terrifying!   I don't hurt them because I actually end up cowering and whimpering.  Such a wienie I am.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 23,461
Registered: ‎05-10-2010

She drove it with the snake still in it!  I can't even imagine that.  I wouldn't have touched that car until the snake was gone and then I would have driven to dealership and traded it in.  Honestly. There's no way I would have felt comfortable in that car ever again.  The thought of slithery slimy things unerves me.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 23,461
Registered: ‎05-10-2010

@just bee wrote:

Ah... but just take a moment to consider what the world would be like without the snake.

 

A much maligned creature, unfortunately.

 

(I'd post a snake photo but I get the feeling it wouldn't be appreciated. Woman LOL)


 

        A world without snakes.  I'll risk it!  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,546
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

This thread reminds me so much of my mother.  She was fearless and an animal lover of epic proportions.  She probably brought home more strays than we kids did.  When I was ten she brought home a raccoon but that’s a whole nuther thread.

 

She was, however, afraid of snakes.  My sister and I went through a reptile phase and set up vivariums all over the house.  My mother mustered up the courage to pet one of my sister’s snakes – a beautiful cream and burgundy boa – and that impressed me.

 

What impressed me even more was when we drove all the way to Emeryville (California) to see the reptiles there.  What a collection!  The largest snakes I’d ever seen, yet my mother held it together.

 

We had to laugh.  The old store (they’ve since relocated) had a resident iguana – an enormous one – who was free to roam the place and greet customers.  For some reason he spotted my mother and it was like some enchanted evening.

 

Cue the soundtrack.

 

Some enchanted evening

You may see a stranger,

You may see a stranger

Across a crowded room

And somehow you know,

You know even then…

 

Anyway, he was so smitten he followed her all over the store.

 

My mother and I had another experience with a snake that I won’t forget.  We were taking a walk around our neighborhood and she was ahead of me, about to cross the street, when she became airborne.

 

There was a huge snake – a neighbor’s pet had escaped – and it was snuggled up in the gutter.  She was about to step off the curb when she noticed it and I swear her feet didn’t touch the ground until she was all the way across the street.

 

That’s the thing about snakes.  They like to escape.  My sister’s boa had a terrible habit of leaving her vivarium and getting into the kitchen stove.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~