Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Wow, what a story!   It's just insane that she kept getting back in the car and driving.  It's also kind of wacky that Animal Control was unable to get the snake out of the vehicle.   That just blows my mind.   That part is kind of upsetting.

I had a bee in my car one time and I got out and walked away.   I didn't walk away from my car permanently, of course.  But I was not getting back in the car until the bee was gone for sure, at the hand of somebody other than me.   Bees are what terrify me! 

@chickenbutt

Excuse me? Woman Wink

Took me a second!   Smiley Wink

Well, not ALL bees!  Smiley Happy  Just those little buzzy ones.  They will put me in shock in a hot second.  Skeery!  Smiley Very Happy

@chickenbutt

I had a swarm in my front yard a couple weeks ago.  I was just out there puttering and didn't really notice one of my rose bushes was covered with bees until I walked through the swarm to turn off the hose.

They ignored me.  I was grateful. 

Later in the day Better-half saw them fly over the backyard and away.

I'm assuming I'm not allergic, but I've never been stung.  My fear?  Peanut allergy.  I can't even imagine!  I eat Skippy creamy every day.  Life without it would be grim.

But life without bees would be no life at all.

@just bee

That’s because they recognized you as one of their own.🐝

(And @chickenbutt has it right, you know, it’s Jif Creamy.😉😄)

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee

That’s because they recognized you as one of their own.🐝

(And @chickenbutt has it right, you know, it’s Jif Creamy.😉😄)

@geezerette

Alert the networks!  I have an idea for the next really big reality show...

Peanut Butter Wars.

SKIPPY

VERSUS

JIF

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Ah... but just take a moment to consider what the world would be like without the snake.

A much maligned creature, unfortunately.

(I'd post a snake photo but I get the feeling it wouldn't be appreciated. Woman LOL)

I have some photos of myself many years ago with a boa constrictor draped across my shoulders and over each arm.  Her name was Margaret and she was lovely.  A friend of mine had a collection of snakes (about 14 at that time) and she was one of them.  

I showed the photos to a friend without realizing she was afraid of snakes (in any form) and all the photos went flying!  No watching "Next of Kin" then!  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Ah... but just take a moment to consider what the world would be like without the snake.

A much maligned creature, unfortunately.

(I'd post a snake photo but I get the feeling it wouldn't be appreciated. Woman LOL)

I have some photos of myself many years ago with a boa constrictor draped across my shoulders and over each arm.  Her name was Margaret and she was lovely.  A friend of mine had a collection of snakes (about 14 at that time) and she was one of them.  

I showed the photos to a friend without realizing she was afraid of snakes (in any form) and all the photos went flying!  No watching "Next of Kin" then!  Smiley LOL

@Venezia

Margaret!  I love that!

They really are beautiful creatures.  A couple weeks ago, Better-half and I were walking the dog in the bosque (Rio Grande, Albuquerque) and I almost stepped on a very young, very small snake on the trail.  It was so still and I was afraid it was past tense.  We stared at it for a long time and it didn't move.

Finally, Better-half bent down and touched its tail.  In an instant it was coiled up and in attack mode, mouth open, looking fierce.

We had to laugh.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Well I don't live too far  away from Warrenton, Va and I can tell you there are some harty and amazing women in Warrenton.....they don't let a little thing like a snake get in their way!

As for me....I'd have jumped out of that car so quickly.....I like to think I'd have stopped it first.  Ha!

Valued Contributor

Cakers....your story would be mine also well said!

Honored Contributor

I don't think I've ever seen a snake in the wild before.  I have nothing against them personally, I'm sure they serve a purpose and I wouldn't want to hurt one.  Now, that I got that all out, lol, if a snake slithered out of my car's air vents my high pitched screams might just kill it. 

If the snake survived that, then I would hope that no one was on the road with me as I abruptly pulled over so that I could exit my vehicle like this, minus the snake

Image result for peewee herman snakes gif

I would call for someone to humanely remove it from my car.  If said person could confirm it was the kind of snake that didn't possess a venom that would kill me, I might try to get it out of my car myself.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I would have most likely driven off the road, screaming loud enough so that people 5 miles away would have heard me, flipped the car over while hitting a guardrail or some other object because my foot would have been frozen to the gas pedal.

Still screaming, I would have forgotten my seat belt was still in place as I tried to exit the car; not being able to I would have been convinced that the snake was wrapping itself with glee to hold me back with the intent to horrify me even more as it hides behind the deployed airbag.

Eventually the screaming would have stopped but not before the last bits of hair that have not turned silver were now either falling out or snow white.

Of course, my cell phone would be beyond my reach; eventually a semi-cooler head would prevail as I crawl out of the car and run down the road (more like limp down the road with my hip) waving frantically at passing motorists, all the while shuddering as I brush myself off in case the snake managed to hitch on to me when I left the car.

Eventually somebody stops and calls 9-1-1 and offers me a bottle of water.  I still cannot cohenrently explain about the snake; the motorist thinks it's just a "regular" car accident.

The EMTs arrive along with the police; I am having trouble saying "s-s-s-snake" but it doesn't matter.  They think I am in shock from the accident.

I continue brushing myself off and by now they think I'm on meth or something and I must be hallucinating insects on me; couple that with my wide eyes, now dirty clothes, and my hair most likely fluffed out from the shock-I look not so much like a person who just had an accident but a person who drove under the influence of some type of drug.

At least my cell phone wasn't in my hand; they would have figured texting was involved somehow.

I pray the car cannot be salvaged because I just know that snake had a family squatting in it.

Later DH and family will have a good chuckle at my expense; that's ok.  Because if that snake could mock me, I guess it's ok for the loved ones to do the same.

@Cakers3, since I have now picked myself up off the floor from laughing as I read your post all I can say is................it would probably be the same situation for me!  Woman LOLHeart

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

No way no how would I get in that car.