Honored Contributor

Lord, help me. I have a new MacBookPro this morning instead of my old trusty Miocrosoft Surface 3. I don'thave spell check yet and my mouse is so different. 

If I continue w/ this one today, expect wrong spacing, spelling and screw ups.

Any tips/tricks appreciated!!!  My APPLE STORE at the mall just sells computers, no appts.for training like previously. 

Honored Contributor

Re: OMG! FIRST ON NEW COMPUTER

@Shanus ...........I think you will get better/more responses if you have this post moved to electronics.  Those gals there are the bomb!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Shanus ----Is there a HELP # to call?  I'd call them--they will walk you thru the process.

Respected Contributor

I had an iPhone 6s, and I left the dark ages and just got an iPhone 13 Pro Max. Everything is different (home button gone, no earphone port, new facial recognition, etc), so I went to Google.

Every question I had, from what do I do when I take it out of the box, is answered, and there is a YouTube video for everything. I had no troubles whatsoever getting to know my new phone. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I'd check out youtube for a tutorial video.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Lord, help me. I have a new MacBookPro this morning instead of my old trusty Miocrosoft Surface 3. I don'thave spell check yet and my mouse is so different. 

If I continue w/ this one today, expect wrong spacing, spelling and screw ups.

Any tips/tricks appreciated!!!  My APPLE STORE at the mall just sells computers, no appts.for training like previously. 

when I got my new watch 2 weeks ago I could schedule a session to learn about, on line,

apple has a youtube channel as well

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apple has free virtual workshops, and all classes are taught by store professionals.  Is your Microsoft laptop no longer working?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

It's probably mostly a matter if using it and becoming accustomed to a new way of doing things.  Anytime you get a new device, there's a period if adjustment.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

the keyboard takes getting used to, but the learning curve is short 

cmd and arrows will move you around the page

cmd + space bar brings up search the mac option