Valued Contributor

Chicago knows how to deal w/ snow though!

Trusted Contributor

Here in the Pittsburgh area we got about 10 inches of snow between Sunday night into Monday afternoon. Yesterday it went up to 44 degrees and we had some of it melt. Today and for the next three or four days we are going to be in the deep freeze. Highs in the high teens to low twenties, lows in low single digits. It's winter in Pittsburgh and you never know what you're going to get!❄️

Honored Contributor

@PhillyGirl23   In central NC, no one knows how to drive in snow becuase it's so rare here. They brined the streets yesterday which, with several hrs. of rain since 2PM, has already washed away...I rest my case. 

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

Stay safe Jon.  I am used to these mountains having been born here.  I drive a 4 WD and have no issues, although. no idiot can do ice, (they think they can!) but I have been lucky.

Be safe.  I drive next to a large river where they kyack with the ice cycles hanging from the rock on my other side.  This is what I am used to.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: OMG! ANOTHER SNOW STORM

[ Edited ]

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

Chicago knows how to deal w/ snow though!

yes they do! I was born and raised in the Midwest, and lived in southwest Michigan for most of my adult life, near Lake Michigan We almost always got Chicagos weather when it moved across the Lake. Everyone up there knows how to handle real winter weather. Now I'm in Florida and feel like I wake up in paradise every morning, 😆 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

We are getting black ice warnings here in upstate SC.  Snow melted today but lots of areas of runoff in the roads that will freeze over night.  Snow was predicted for us but seems now we are just going to have cold weather.  Parts of our drive way are still covered in snow (back in the trees) and we had rain all day.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind snow so much....but I hate sleet and freezing rain...

Honored Contributor

Re: OMG! ANOTHER SNOW STORM

[ Edited ]

We received 14" snow and had high winds so there was a lot of drifting. It's -8 degrees before windchill right now.  I know it depends on where you live but 3-5" here would be a nothingburger. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

Our development is sharp up hill at the entrance and sharp down hill at the exit.  The association apparently doesn't pay for salting and DH's heavy FWD had a time getting out yesterday.

It's melted out tire tracks now, but if we get another drop, I won't be getting out and doubt our ladies will be out in this.

@ECBG 

I read earlier that there is a shortage of “snow melt” in our area, and more is not getting in soon.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe 

I have heard of using boxes of table salt and sand.

Weight in your trunk is a massive help.  Cement blocks.