Frequent Contributor

Re: OH JEEEEEZ! NEW COMPUTER TO LEARN

@Shanus wrote:

Please have patience. I purchased an Apple Mac Pro yesterday and am learning it....quite slowly. It's completely different than the Microsoft computer I used for years. The key pad is different, where are all my icons, print, messages and emails? I'm pretty sure I can text from here since the fellow at the Apple Store linked it to my IPhone. My pics are here, but were not on the Mac.

I also purchased a "for dummies" book since the Apple guy only spent an hour with me setting it up, spoke quickly and hit keys and icons like a mad man... I'm not sure about  others, but I learn better by doing instead of

reading, so please bare with me. 

Any hints or tricks are appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks.

Strange post @Shanus . Troubling actually. In fact there are many threads about your purchasing and having access to Apple Computers. Note the date is 10-29-2021.

Honored Contributor
Shanus

GETTING AN APPLE 🍏 COMPUTER

[ New ]

‎10-29-2021 08:08 AM

I've had way too many issues with this Microsoft laptop. it doesn't seem to sinc well to my IPhone, can't post pics here either.

DH has a fairly new Apple laptop in his office that he's setting up for me. When I only used my IPad, no issues with pics, etc. Now that Oct. 15th tax deadline is over, he'll have time to revamp it for me. If all goes well and I like it better, he'll purchase a newer one for me. 

Frequent Contributor

Another reference to Apple computer. Note the date.

Honored Contributor
Shanus

Re: GETTING AN APPLE 🍏 COMPUTER

‎10-30-2021 09:07 AM

@BlueFinch wrote:

I have a MacBook Air (A Pro previously for years) and just picked up a new iPhone last week. Everything transferred and linked with my MacBook effortlessly. I don't have an iPad, YET, but that should link up, too.

I love Apple products. They're more expensive, but last a long time (knock wood :-) making them worth the price. 

I shut down my deceased DH's desktop computer. He had it built special for him. A nice computer, but I wasn't willing to update to Windows 10 and I was sick of Microsoft. Would never go back.

@BlueFinch   We made our decision to change to Apple becuase our Microsoft stores/help centers closed. Apple still has stores in the malls w/ a help desk to make appts. for questions w/ set up, etc. 

Honored Contributor

Same bullies followingmy posts? My DH took the other computer for himself and purchased another for me. I never got a chance to learn the other one, used myMicrosoft one and this one is different...feeling my way through it. 

He has many computers in his office as an accountant. No further explanation is needed.  

LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess Thanks for that info!  I didn't know about it. 

Trusted Contributor

@CookingLady 

Your post on the fashion board was hilarious. 

Laughing Emoji GIFs | Tenor

Frequent Contributor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

@CookingLady 

Thanks but it lasted all of 5 minutes.

Honored Contributor

Am I the only one that figured this out?  IT'S ANOTHER NEW COMPUTER, PEOPLE !

Respected Contributor

Glad the mods down allow bullying.  Get a life!

@CookingLady wrote:

@CoffeeNut wrote:

@CookingLady 

Thanks but it lasted all of 5 minutes.

Respected Contributor

I think @Shanus made the mistake of posting this in the Among Friends forum. In fact the more I read the board I often wonder why this particular category exist. It can often feel as if posters are not among friends.