Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I don't have a suggestion for getting rid of the completed puzzle once it's been glued.  

How about taking a photograph of the puzzle and making an album for him to look through of all the puzzles he's completed.  He might enjoy looking back at those.  I would take a photo of the front as well as the back.  

It's heartwarming to hear that he has a hobby that he loves to pass the time.  

I'm glad I read all of the replies to the end, because I was going to suggest this, too. 

Super Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

I don't have a suggestion for getting rid of the completed puzzle once it's been glued.  

How about taking a photograph of the puzzle and making an album for him to look through of all the puzzles he's completed.  He might enjoy looking back at those.  I would take a photo of the front as well as the back.  

It's heartwarming to hear that he has a hobby that he loves to pass the time.  

I'm glad I read all of the replies to the end, because I was going to suggest this, too. 

I too was going to suggest this. I think it is a wonderful & thoughful way of him to look back on what he has done over time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nursing Home Puzzles

[ Edited ]

There's got to an an angle to make this a story worth telling to a larger audience. 

How I agree with the statement above!  When I read this story of the puzzle-loving uncle who cemented his work, all I could think of was that this story has a power and beauty in it as it searches for someone to tell it.  As a play?  A short story?

There something so captivatingly human that propels this story. 

I hope everything works out well in the end for your uncle and aunt.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like a play, doesn't it? Oh I'd love to see some live theater.........!

Honored Contributor

Re: Nursing Home Puzzles

[ Edited ]

Saw this on t.v.  if you find a way to flip the picture, use the blue tape painters use and tape the puzzle on the back.  He could write inside the box top all his info.  Unless he has a chalk board, or some such thing. Boxes can be put away till pieces need to go back into the box for others.  A chalk board can be leaned up against something. 

Maybe someone would put them up in the cafeteria and share with others. ??